Various cartoons I've drawn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Various cartoons I've drawn

Various cartoons I've drawn

Hi, I wanted to share a few of the drawings I've done - I'm not going to pretend they're 1% as good as some of the artworks I've seen in this section; drawing is just something I started to do when I couldn't sleep, and now I have a collage of them on my wall, so I thought I'd share a few.

Sorry about the size! Thought it was going to turn out way smaller than this

Nice! I especially like the spiderman/dredd one!

Quote Originally Posted by mraven View Post
    Nice! I especially like the spiderman/dredd one!
    Erm, is that not Spiderman and Wolverine? >.<

I like Clark Kent one personally... but if you applied the same level of ability to the Piccolo and Cell one, I would probably like that more ^_^

~~~Edit~~~
    Same level of ability was a poor choice of words. Piccolo and Cell has that "sketched whilst bored" feel, whilst Clark Kent has "Wanted to produce something good" feel.

Your ability could definitely rival the cartoon. ^_^
    Last edited by Greimour; July 19th, 2014 at 11:33 AM.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.― Mahatma Gandhi

If you want me to respond to a thread or your work just pm me.

Thanks guys, yeah it's Wolverine. ... ... but the first one's not Clark Kent, it's Sterling Archer, from Archer:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300x300.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	6142

I think the Archer one, along with Spiderman etc, benefits well from the really thick, comic-y outlines, there's just something aesthetically very satisfying about it. If you like DBZ Greimour, this is one I spent more time on. (You were correct with the 'sketched while bored' deduction, although that would generally describe everything I draw.)

Name:	Tien & Yamcha.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	6143
    Check out my piano videos on YouTube! - Hidden Content

I am unfamiliar with archer

I was convinced it was superman due to the cleft chin and blue eyes... they totally scammed on clark kent with his design.

I only know the DB characters due to my younger brother who watched it all the time. But the cell arc I actually enjoyed myself and then ended up watching more of it such as the marjin boo arc and the Broly movies

I got addicted to mangas and such soon after and Toei Animations who I believe did DB, DBZ and DB-GT have produced quite a few of the stuff I have watched over the years. ^_^

Originally my interest all started with either Dandy or Marvel. Not sure which I started out with first

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.― Mahatma Gandhi

Yeah, there's more than a little deliberate homage to Superman going on with Archer, fo sho.

I was never into DB or GT, but I was obsessed with DBZ. My earliest writing memory is actually writing short little 2 page-ish stories in primary school, placing me and my friends in DBZ character positions.

You can't go wrong with Marvel, really!
    Check out my piano videos on YouTube! - Hidden Content

I agree with the DB and DB-GT, DBZ all the way... but I think that is because it catered to a different audience than the other two. DB was for younger kids whilst DBZ tried to keep the audience it had... once losing that audience they went to DB-GT to get a new generation of kids... ^_^

Agree also with Marvel, can't go wrong - but don't really have complaints for DC Comics either. Batman is just too awesome

One of my brothers is 24-ish and has a shirt that says:

"I am not saying I am batman, I am just saying no one has ever seen us together"
    (or something very similar)

Makes me laugh every time I see him with it on.

I'm not sure I could sleep with those on my wall truly though life like, emotion filled images, a few downright scary to me. You draw really well Fru, keep it up and sharing!
    [I]"The world stands out on either side No wider than the heart is wide;
    Above the world is stretched the sky, No higher than the soul is high.
    The heart can push the sea and land Farther away on either hand;
    The soul can split the sky in two, And let the face of God shine through.
    But East and West will pinch the heart That can not keep them pushed apart;
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky -- Will cave in on him by and by."
    [/I]

Thanks Abby

Some more:

Name:	Aristocats Kittens.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	6197

Name:	Lion King 2.JPG