Intro sentences - Page 5

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Intro sentences

With one flick of a switch, the lights mysteriously went out.

Under normal circumstances, FedEx won't ship a dead body, let alone one that was making such a commotion inside the box.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

"He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot." - Douglas Adams

I've got a quarter tank of gas, a great dane in the back seat, and a half pack of cigarettes I stole off a dead man.

"Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

![(ƎԺՁ♀ﺕᾪᵷ)]!

Sensing her cognoscendum cradled in her rider's imperative thought the graceful black unicorn walked out from amongst the small group of grazing stallions to greet him echoing her being, that selfsame unique identity, with her distinctive psychic whinny.

Not necessarily a best opening sentence but one that I'm trying out for a new short story that I may write and post on this website when I find the time. I'm afraid cognoscenda don't translate well from pure unicorn thought to Unicode, despite its promising name.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

"It was a dark and stormy night..."

Come on! Come on! Think! What rhymes with "door" other than poor? I can't write a poem about our lord and emperor and point out the fact that he sucks at his job.

I didn't think pennies were lucky until I bent down to pick one up and the sniper missed.

Even though I did not have dark glasses, a black fedora, or a brother named Elwood, I was still on a mission from God.

The second time that I died I thought that it would be easier, but of course it wasn't.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

A few of mine:

"The changellings are running for us way more faster than we can run from them."

"Phone calls in the middle of the night are never the carriers of good news, and Thomas just received one of those."

"- They do not come out during daylight... Or do they? - Ian, sitting beside his father in the front of the chariot, questions him with fear writen all over his eyes."

"When we finally made the skies pitch black beyond recovery, we built the Rainbow Citadel, above the clouds. And when the Rainbow Citadel began to suffer the effects of over-population, the first rebellions sparked, and from the ashes of that civil war, all the other citadels we live in now were born."

"The ravens came in flock to deliver his mistress orders, and upon hearing them, Tsuriha ran for her with all the strength available in his four legs. It was the first time Murasaki-sama requested his presence with such urgency."
    Thing to remember: if Twilight made it, so can your book.

Hidden Content | Hidden Content

If you can't join them, beat'em.