Walking with Dither - Page 3

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking with Dither

Today Dither is was no socks Friday. What's that you ask, it's when I go swimming I try to limit in and out of clothes time by wearing no socks. So the enivitable drive with a coffee in my portable mug has me try and make all the lights. There are 9 sets of lights between me and the pool and if your Kung fu is strong you can get through them all on green. Is this something that I strive for. That I focus upon as a sign that God is in His heaven and all is right with the world. Two words for you, Pretty Much.

I've always been one of those face the corner changers in the pools dressing room. Best not to compare yourself with others least you become vain or bitter. I've taken to wearing underwater head phones that are the first item donned and from their everybody else just disappears into a cast of extras in my movie. Without my glasses on they are all a blur and no sound completes the dismissal of any body near.

You do get the chance to look though, once youre in the pool. I had a guy in the next swimming lane smashing his arms down upon the water with every stroke he took. Big noise big splashes. Unresolved conflict issues I guess but it is a waste hitting water. I have surfed for many years and economically introducing your hands and arms back in for the next stroke makes for efficiency and less effort. Dither youre getting an education today on my bus.

A time or two ago I was in the other pool where I do a set of exercises, call them Qi Gong and Taichi. Think slow moving calisthenics. Three ladies were in the pool at the same time, a pool say 50 metres square. I'm in my world and it's amazing to see all three are talking. You look for a while then do the maths and there is no one left to be listening but no one cares. Welcome to a strange world.These ladies have buoyancy belts on so they are up to their necks in 5 foot of water bobbing up and down as they talk and gesture. They move in the water constantly talking until I'm in the centre of the conversation. They are on three sides of me. I look from one to the other they don't even draw breath just keep at it. Finally they drift back to the centre of the pool and I am no longer in the middle. Very odd, very scarey. Dither men and women are different. As I sat transfixed in the middle of these three talking heads bobbing up and down, I can't help thinking "it's another planet". I've been abducted and this is some weird alien simulation to see if I'll start screaming.

Okay it's not all that bad I guess but on my weirdometer it's getting up there

the same but completely different was today as I sat in the spa pool getting warm before going home. You nod to the music and occasionally open your eyes to look around. There was this lady there, massively over weight. She has exercised in the water and now is resting by the pool. Genetics has dealt her a tough hand. In centuries past she would survive the famines. In our country in the pre European times if you could store calories quickly keep them long, you lived through the dark times. Natural selection applies as spoken of by that Darwin fella. Now those genetics devastate given the callory intake we have. Either way I watched her struggle to get up, to and walk to across the pools to leave. It's the courage, the guts to fight against overwhelming odds that impresses. The spirit of that lady, her drive is just a thing of rare beauty.

As I said Dither they are not like us. The pool finally fills up, as I go early in the morning to miss the crowd. As the numbers get up there the crazies per acre hits the go home threshold and I bolt for the door.

i get a coffee two gluten free chocolate chip cookies and a straw poked down the plastic lid of the coffee to go. Sip slowly so you don't burn your tongue but its better than tipping it down your front as you drive. It's not chips Dither but I have to make do.

My work desk calls so I go home and do numbers and words which pretty much makes up my day job.

More on another day
    We are the measure of all things. And the beauty of our creation, of our art is proportional to the beauty of ourselves of our souls. Jonas Mekas

Blog Entries
    I often wish i could swim but i've just never took to water, and as a kid i was quite afraid of it.
    Wouldn't mind getting into that hydrotherapy gig though.
    Don't know if that goes on around here.
    We certainly have public Swimming Pools.
    I should think that there must be something of that nature going on for old fogies like me somewhere.
    As for "weirdometer" ( i like that one ), you can't beat public transport imo, well, public anything i reckon.
    People!
    They're a funny lot.
    Funny-strange that is, and then, maybe we're the weird ones.
    Who's to say?
    Dithering.
    Happy daze Gofa.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Ok Dither I've got my walking shoes on again
    yesterday I was looking on the net and saw an advertisement for the Fetish Ball. I went years ago on the basis of look and see and now for something completely different.
    i bought something made out of latex for my nearest and dearest which she looked pretty good in to me. Not exactly Trinity out of the Matrix but you could muddle through. As for me I wore my best double breasted suit jacket white shirt and tie with fish net stockings to balance the onsombel think the rocky horror show but panty hose. Pandora I am not the showy type.p for suspenders.
    A friend of a friend had this as a hobby and on the basis of do one thing a day that scares you, it was worth a look in the company of others.
    so you front up to the standard large ball area music lights action drama and try to suspend disbelief. The thing that impacted me most was the self acceptance of these people, it was wonderful to appreciate. I'm basically shy underneath a professional aura of competence and it was amazing to see people with their hearts on their sleeves
    on a bad day I would talk to no body but it was a good day so interaction with others was a must do. I remember having to go for a wee. Suddenly those pantyhose things are between you and a happy place. Either way I was in the toilet room waiting my turn and this 6 foot guy comes in wearing a ball gown full hair do and very nice fake boobs. I complemented him on his fake boobs saying well done I love the look. Having thanked me I got the run down on how many hours went into getting things just right and it was infectious to see the absolute joy this guy got out of what he was dressed in. I can get some way there when you get going on racing cars and dicing on a track but no where near these people. Later I was walking up some large stair way and the traffic jammed and I was face to face with this guy coming the other way in an outfit of spikes and leather and huge platform boots. Kinda scary on purpose. Only see I'd eyes. You've just gotta say something so I opened with "better to have all the pointing spikes on the outside rather than on the inside eh?" He laughed and told me I was absolutely right.
    its not too often you meet people that are doing things so different as to take you breath away with the silly magic of it all just like kids in a sandpit playing buckets and spades but they are all grown up.
    The high light of my evening was being approached by a lovely woman who gave me her professional card as a Dominatrix. For a suitable fee she was prepared to tie me up and work upon her unresolved conflict issues while I obviously yelped on cue. It gave me the opportunity to ask a squillion questions some quite mundane as I could not resist. As a charted accountant I had to ask about tax implications and her expense and deduction profile before profit, all the time smiling at the silliness of the entire conversation.
    My point I guess and why I have referred back to this is self acceptance. These people had retained that child like let's pretend and had their Hangups on the outside. Suddenly I did not seem so crazy to myself.
    Like you accepting dithering around as it is a expression of yourself which others appreciate and see the real worth in. Which they do. I in turn am happy to see my internal musing as descriptive of myself rather than shutting it off saying why are you thinking all that rubbish
    As a final point to the bleachers I've no interest in the fetish lifestyle but it is amazing how you can find understanding in the strangest of places.
    My only regret in hindsight was not being able to wander around eating chips out of a packet. Mind you many times I turned my head sideways left and right hoping what I was looking at made more sense tilted one way or another. Mostly it did not.
    Cheers Dither
    We are the measure of all things. And the beauty of our creation, of our art is proportional to the beauty of ourselves of our souls. Jonas Mekas

Blog Entries
    What a brilliant WWD Gofa.
    "Fetish Ball", is that an American thing?
    It's a new one on me.
    Loved the dominatrix, let us know how it goes with her okay?
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

The fetish Ball is an event hosted for people with fetishes with a sexual bent. I'm sure the BDSM scene is far more intense in your neck of the would than mine. Google May or may not be your friend.

Regarding the Dominatrix That contemporary philosopher Kenny Rogers wrote in regard of such enlightenment
    you have to know when to hold up
    know when to fold up
    know when to walk away
    know when to run

i further solidify my understanding by referring to the apostle Forrest Gump when The Almighty spoken to him and said "Run Forest RUN". Some people think it was a movie. Me I know it was a documentary

cheers dither Happy you enjoyed the walk

Oh boy pretty pictures . . . Ha! Fishnets? how cool is that. Your write is awesome Gofa and the message behind. Reminds me of my early twenties hanging with my gay guy friends, drag queens, unisex bathrooms and outrageous times, good times. The uninhibited makes for the best bonds this life has to offer.

Speaking of pantyhose after one such night I awoke to find a pair next to the bed, I guess I got out of them through one of the knees . . . ha! Oh those were the days my friend but I knew they were bound to end. Still not conservative just a bit more quiet.

So enjoyed thanks Gofa!
    [I]"The world stands out on either side No wider than the heart is wide;
    Above the world is stretched the sky, No higher than the soul is high.
    The heart can push the sea and land Farther away on either hand;
    The soul can split the sky in two, And let the face of God shine through.
    But East and West will pinch the heart That can not keep them pushed apart;
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky -- Will cave in on him by and by."
    [/I]

Oh dearest there are depths to you aren't there. A salute to all the strange and weird explorers we have met in our lives. As Neil Young so aptly said Better to burn out than to rust. Mind you the middle way works for me. A few scorch marks and nice patterns in my oxidation.

Oh dear I'm a 2 page blogger now it's the performance expectation D. You're on page 7. I've heard rumours that real men have at least 5 pages.
    Oh dear I sit here, actually lie here, counting my woes. Last Dither. Last is a place I've never really been before and I want to say its a new feeling. I think I should comment that my placing is not inaccurate and further when comparing yourself with others there is the potential to be vain or bitter. Well I'm neither, it's kind of fun
    Still it will take some special chips to erase the haunted look I expect to see in the mirror next time I shave. Note to self tomorrow is soon enough.
    i went to the largest city in this fair country to meet some Private Equity gurus from USA and listen to their you too can be as good as us pitch which was underwhelming. They thought I was joking when I asked how many Lear jets are too many.
    I went there to compare myself with others and came home thinking I'm not so bad and basically I "know stuff". Be it here or there in the wide world.
    I will be content with that I suppose winning has never drawn me. I like improving. I like getting better and I get the feeling that I have found an area I can really get better in. So score one point to me for finding a place to grow.
    It's funny my day job used to be a place to grow, now it's more repetition with the outcome of more or less money for some others who probably won't get around to spending it in the time they have remaining on this earth.
    I think the "N" on my internal compass stands for New as it no longer points at anything in my life that I recognise. Time for a change I guess. You see D we are all on some other buggers bus till we get off and say I wonder what it's like over there. I've got a city pass of sorts and It takes me no where that spins my wheels no more
    Interestingly I think there is a side street that has attracted my eye for a time or two. One of these day I will get off there and start walking. I might start looking for a newbie with out a bus pass that is all excited about being on the bus. Might just give them my pass before I get off. Seems a nice gesture.
    But I will leave with a scoop of chips keeping me warm. No matter where I'm going those chips will still be centre stage in the pursuit of the ultimate meaning of life the universe and everything. I'm looking to have 42 chips in the packet when I exit.
    Funny how writing here tongue in cheek frames more than you realise as you pen the words. I've said many many times to friends that my life has mostly been waiting at a bus stop hoping one will stop and take me where I want to go. Lying here I truly can hear it's approach. Nice feeling

Blog Entries
    7 page, i've been thinking about that and whether or not it really belongs here to be honest. Yes i know that this part of the site is entitled how was your week? But i'm blogging, and i'd hate to be accused of ramping a tired thread. Oh i don't know. Reckon i'll let it ride for now. The members don't seem to mind.

I could do with a change of scenery but when i've just come off a night-shift, as far as i go on a Saturday morning right now is more than enough.

We'll see.

Wanting to go somewhere different this Saturday but again, we'll see.

dither

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

Round here dither we have a saying

no rush mate she"ll be right

the other one is. Don't worry about it mate it'll all work out for the best

take you pick. Damn the expense and take em both