[DISCUSSION] The Land of Bardd - THE High Fantasy RPG

Thread: [DISCUSSION] The Land of Bardd - THE High Fantasy RPG

Blog Entries

Question [DISCUSSION] The Land of Bardd - THE High Fantasy RPG

BARDD - Build All Ridiculous Delusions and Devices

Welcome to Bardd, the land of High Fantasy. Create your characters, model your towns and villages, and engage in proper production of role playing behaviour. This is to be managed by writing no fewer than 50 words, and no more than 450.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	375669446_58a2b253f7_b.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	185.2 KB 
ID:	5958
    (Larger and Smaller versions of this image are available by PM to the Game Master; the image is within CC license agreement with the creator).

Playable Characters - fall within the following template. Feel free to elaborate on the civilization they are a part of, or anything you wish to include. Also feel free to manage multiple characters (no more than 4 at the moment).

Name(s):
    Appearance:
    Background:
    Personality:
    Equipment, Items:
    TYPE:
    Civilization (Or Alone?):
    Location on Map:
    Notes:

Non-Playable Characters

Elder Gods - Managed by the Game Master, currently Elvenswordsman.

Wri and For - WritingForums.com - the archivists, who make available the map to players.

General Guidelines - Please read this General RPG Guide by Foxee before playing.

1) Your player characters (PCs), and their backgrounds, will be posted here. Be as creative as you want, all genders, races, cultures, and entities(aside from certain restrictions) allowed.

2) All OOC (Out of Character) comments MUST be posted here, in the discussion thread.

3) God-mode is not allowed for PCs (player characters).

4) Auto-hitting (winning a fight before another player can respond) is not allowed. In the event a player is inactive for more than 1 week, the action may be continued.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Premise - The Elder Gods created a world, and races and cultures began to spring up from absolutely nowhere! Whole civilizations have sprung up within a matter of seconds!

World - Bardd, a continent shown by the map. Land is up for grab and claims are allowed, and these will be managed by the Game Master.

Goals - Players are aiming to conquer the continent, either within their allegiances and treaties, or as a lone movement. Players wishing to be neutral (non-violent - think Switzerland) entities will need permission from the Game Master.

Time - Game time will be managed by the Game Master, although the furthest north-east point of the map to the furthest south-west point is a journey of 7 (in-game) days for an individual character, however an army requires 4X that amount (applicable to any movement).

Special Abilities - Stay away from God-Mode-esque abilities (invisibility, invincibility, teleportation). If you have an idea for an ability, post here and the Game Master (and others) will advise on further action.

1. Read everyone’s posts! Not only does this keep us all on the same page, it’s fun to know your posts are being read and acted upon. Respond to stimuli and events from other players’ posts.

2. Avoid writing one-line posts or extremely long posts.

3. Edit before posting, we’re all here to improve as well as enjoy.

4. No God-mode-esque behaviour or perfect characters. (boring!)

5. Fights between characters are allowed, though if a fight or killing is unavoidably called for, the players concerned must work the action out in PM and both parties should be amenable to the outcome.

6. Do not control another person’s character without their express consent.

7. If a player is AWOL and holding up the game the character will be NPC’d at the GMs’ discretion. If you know you’ll be gone for some time you may hand over your character to another player’s care.

8. Don’t flood the thread (NO back-to-back posts - limit posting to 3 times / day) with long conversations. Give others a chance to post.

9. Please discuss any issues in the Discussion thread or PM the Game Master with your concerns. Gossiping about issues or spamming up the story thread is counterproductive.

10. And lastly…the GMs’ word is law.
    Thanks for stopping in, getting familiar with the rules; let the game begin!
    Last edited by Elvenswordsman; October 17th, 2014 at 10:31 PM.
    Cheers,
    Elven

P.S.
    Don't hesitate to PM me if you need a critique, a word of encouragement, or just someone to talk to. I listen well.

Blog Entries
    Name(s): Galdar and Galdir, Lords of the Dark Elves of Morkskogen Forest.
    Age: Ageless, although assumed to be over 2300 years of age.
    Appearance:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Galdar and Galdir1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	5960
    Background: Galdar and Galdir have long been the Lords of the Morkskogen Forest. They have a long history together, and in traditional Dark Elf culture, they chose their names together.
    Personality: Galdar is aries (just an easy way to show personality) - Galdir is Libra. Their personalities compliment each other well.
    Equipment, Items: Intricate gilded armours, swords, and shields.
    TYPE: Dark Elves
    Civilization (Or Alone?): Dark Elves of Morkskogen
    Location on Map: Dot just south of the river Benestar (splits into 3) on the east.
    Notes: None.
    Cheers,
    Elven

P.S.
    Don't hesitate to PM me if you need a critique, a word of encouragement, or just someone to talk to. I listen well.

Deleted
    Last edited by Soul5hadows7; October 7th, 2015 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Dead

Can I post already or are you waiting for something? I can't wait to get this started :3

Blog Entries
    I'd love to get this started, so post away !
    Cheers,
    Elven

P.S.

I started it.