Knitting baby stuff at a young age - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knitting baby stuff at a young age

Yeah I sometimes knit in gender neutral colors like white and yellow. Often however I will knit 2 sets of the same project, one for if I have a boy and another for if a have a girl.

This is really cute, keep going! I wish I could knit...

Blog Entries
    Don't forget gender neutral colors- like pastel green and yellow.

My adopted mom taught me counted cross-stitch when I was young. So, kudos for learning this now. So few teens get into these hobbies. And they're a great way to spend the time. It's can also be therapeutic. I knew a woman who with crochet when she was stressed. She created some beautiful doilies.
    "Sometimes I wish I could stay asleep, not because my life is that dull and boring but because my dreams are just that good." - Mindy Dyksterhouse (MzSnowleopard)
    Admin @ Hidden Content & Hidden Content
    Student @ Hidden Content
    Hidden Content / Hidden Content

I think what you do is great and it will surprise you in years to come. I have been knitting since I was eight, and then I self-taught myself how to crochet when I was a teenager. I love both crafts. Knitting, especially, provides peace to your soul, once you learn how to do it well. Your rhythm will keep the stitches even. I have posted some pictures of what i do now. I never use a pattern; these are all my own. I think you gt to a point where you want to do something and it comes from your head and your heart. Keep knitting. One night when you will be worried about one thing or another, you may find knitting helpful and you'll wind up with a blanket! I call mine "worry blankets" and even though no one else knows, it take my worries away. Also, be sure you are generous; give away as much as you can.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150105_075301.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	18988Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150307_071719.jpg 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	18989

Quote Originally Posted by SueC View Post
    I think what you do is great and it will surprise you in years to come. I have been knitting since I was eight, and then I self-taught myself how to crochet when I was a teenager. I love both crafts. Knitting, especially, provides peace to your soul, once you learn how to do it well. Your rhythm will keep the stitches even. I have posted some pictures of what i do now. I never use a pattern; these are all my own. I think you gt to a point where you want to do something and it comes from your head and your heart. Keep knitting. One night when you will be worried about one thing or another, you may find knitting helpful and you'll wind up with a blanket! I call mine "worry blankets" and even though no one else knows, it take my worries away. Also, be sure you are generous; give away as much as you can.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150105_075301.jpg 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	18988Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150307_071719.jpg 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	18989

How utterly adorable! OOo the peach colored one, I love THAT hat! Both are absolutely exquisite! I taught myself to crochet and to read the directions to create baby sweaters, it was so much fun, and you are right, it is very relaxing... I have anxiety, and have spent many happy hours engrossed in creating... thank you so much for sharing your pics.
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

You are too kind, Firemajic. It is so nice to hear from a like-minded soul when it comes to handwork. I don't know what I would do without it.

I have been trying to knit a blanket for my husband and I for years. its in our wedding colors. I'm pretty ok at knitting things that are square or rectangular in shape. I've done a few baby blankets bu that is all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12