Thread: Colors Of Fiction Lounge

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by astroannie View Post
    Do we have judges? Looking through the stream for volunteers ... seeing none but got a PM ... so ONE JUDGE....
    Not I. That firestarter is too mmm to leave alone

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

Alright folks, we need judges and entrants, let's get those keyboards clacking. Well, if you have an old mechanical one like I do.

Eleven days, left. During my childhood, every time I saw the word eleven, I thought it was elven.
    "When it feels scary to jump, that is exactly when you jump, otherwise you end up staying in the same place your whole life, and that I can't do." -Abel Morales - A Most Dangerous Year.

We have one judge so far.

With 10, count them 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, 10 days left. I think, no, I KNOW there is at least one more judge out there. So let's hear from ya. Come on, you know you want to judge, you're just nervous.
    "When it feels scary to jump, that is exactly when you jump, otherwise you end up staying in the same place your whole life, and that I can't do." -Abel Morales - A Most Dangerous Year.

We are all just dust in the wind. Right now there must be a major storm going on cause no one seems to be landing over here.

8 days left, still need at least one more judge.

How about some thoughts on this month's challenge. Can we get some chatter?

Person one: I like this month's prompts, I'm working on a couple ideas, good thing there are eight days left.

Person two: I hear ya. I've been slammed at work lately. These challenges are a welcome relief from my daily grind.

Person three: What are y'all talking about?

Person one: We're talking about the March CoF Challenge!

hello - yes, it's a tricky one this month - without repeating that whole chat format thing -
    which ain't for me, really.

Trying to think of some sort of left-field tie-in......

non-plussed Ned

Quote Originally Posted by ned View Post
    hello - yes, it's a tricky one this month - without repeating that whole chat format thing -
    which ain't for me, really.

Trying to think of some sort of left-field tie-in......

non-plussed Ned
    Why does everyone come from left field? Is there something wrong with the right field?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwriter View Post
    Why does everyone come from left field? Is there something wrong with the right field?

What can I say... it is tradition! As to the lack of entries at least... It is a super challenging firestarter. I know that I am lacking in any ideas on how to re-write it... which is why I am judging. Maybe a few entries will roll in at the end of the time limit.
    Mildly dyslexic - Oops may occur, do occur.

“Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.”
    -- Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

"Failure? There's no such thing as failure, only early attempts at success."
    -- The Love Guru

"It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewere, would much rather you weren't doing."
    --Terry Pratchett

Person 4: I was going to enter this month until I read the Firestarter. Sorry, Sleepy, never even got halfway way through reading before I gave up. Not for me unispired
    Check Out Our Members' Creative Works on <FLASHES of BRILLIANCE>

It took a lot of thought but I finally have an idea. I might manage to write it tonight but I wouldn't count on seeing anything from me until tomorrow or Saturday.

Here's something to maybe kickstart your imaginations. What if instead of a chatroom, the location is a...

"Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

Quote Originally Posted by J Anfinson View Post
    I

Here's something to maybe kickstart your imaginations. What if instead of a chatroom, the location is a...
    so we could talk gibberish in the local launderette or on a dateline?
    Check Out Our Members' Creative Works on <FLASHES of BRILLIANCE>