Spring Abstract

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Abstract

Spring Abstract

I would like to thank Cran for allowing me to share more of my images.

I have neglected my photography for a few months now while I have tried to market my book (Another Sunrise). I have become a little depressed by the fact that my images don't seem to move anyone else like they move me. I have spent an enormous amount of time in nature trying to get back the passion that I seem to have lost. Photographing nature is the thing, along with writing, that has kept me focused on living (Due to terminal cancer for those who are unaware). It has become a little frightening for me that the excitement of shooting nature has seemed to have faded. I have several hard drives full of images that I decided will probably never be seen by another human; I have even considered deleting them. My thought process is: I captured them to distract myself from wallowing in self-pity. They, in that sense, have served their purpose. I have gotten to the point that I have way too many images to manage. Here are a few that were picked for no particular reason other than they represent the direction in which my style has evolved.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spring Abstract01.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	164.2 KB 
ID:	5736
    (This one is about contrasting color)

Name:	Spring Abstract02.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	5737
    (A profile of wild Daisies)

Name:	Spring Abstract03.jpg 
Size:	185.2 KB 
ID:	5738
    (The sky is beautiful in Northern Michigan -- Leaves me breathless)

Name:	Spring Abstract04.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	5739
    (This image moved me to tears as I considered that this could be my last spring)

Name:	Spring Abstract05.jpg 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	5740
    (Sometimes I feel as though nature has arranged things just for me to photograph)

Name:	Spring Abstract06.jpg 
Size:	193.8 KB 
ID:	5741
    (The birth of a new season makes me come to terms with the fact that life will go on)

I hope you enjoyed my passion.

~Dave
    Last edited by ClosetWriter; May 30th, 2014 at 03:29 PM.

They are beautiful images, even blurred through the tears that you've moved me to. I hope you don't delete your pics, Dave, that would be a shame.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    They are beautiful images, even blurred through the tears that you've moved me to. I hope you don't delete your pics, Dave, that would be a shame.
    Thank you Gumby... I am just feeling a little down -- I'll get through it.

I can't claim to fully understand what you're going through, but we are in a similar situation with my daughter in law, she's only 28. I often find myself thinking as I go about everyday things or sights, that she will probably never get to do or see this again. I do hope that you are at least able to go out and about, rather than be bedridden.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

excellent
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    I can't claim to fully understand what you're going through, but we are in a similar situation with my daughter in law, she's only 28. I often find myself thinking as I go about everyday things or sights, that she will probably never get to do or see this again. I do hope that you are at least able to go out and about, rather than be bedridden.
    I am very sorry to hear about your daughter-in-law. Tell her that yesterday is gone, and tomorrow is not promised. She should spend her time in the moment, and not let her thoughts steal from her "now." I often get angry at myself for wasting my time dwelling on events of the past, and fretting over that which has not yet happened.

I am still able to go for short hikes into nature, but I always make sure to tell my wife the general area I am going. I get tired easily, but I will never stop. I have come to believe that someday there will be a search party looking for me. That is okay because nature is where I want to be.

My best to you and your family.

`Dave

They are all beautiful, what a talented photographer you are, you have a real eye for beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Abby View Post
    They are all beautiful, what a talented photographer you are, you have a real eye for beauty.
    Thank you Abby; you are talented as well. I am going to follow your link right now to see more of your work. Feel free to follow mine as well.

~Dave (ClosetWriter)

I did Dave and have Liked, lovely work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast