Call for Submissions to SPANK the CARP (Note to mods, Admin approved)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Call for Submissions to SPANK the CARP (Note to mods, Admin approved)

Call for Submissions to SPANK the CARP (Note to mods, Admin approved)

Announcing SPANK the CARP, a new online Fiction and Poetry website. We’re looking for thought-provoking short stories, flash fiction, and poetry, including shape poetry. Read our Submission Guidelines at www.spankthecarp.com .

(Admin approved)

Last edited by Cran; May 30th, 2014 at 11:32 AM.

Just a quick note that SPANK the CARP is doing great, and Pond #2 has just been released. Submissions continue to be open and we'd love to review your work.

This is off topic, but I love the name. I'll have to look into it.
    Last edited by bookmasta; July 27th, 2014 at 05:03 AM.
    Hidden Content & Hidden Content
    Hidden Content & Hidden Content
    Hidden Content First Novel & Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Read with hunger, write with joy, and live with passion."

Would you accept entries that were written for the Literary Maneuvers challenge?
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

WritingForums maintains that work posted in LM competitions remains yours and you are the sole owner of said work.

SPANKtheCARP says:

Anything you submit must be your own original creation. It must never have been published on any website or print publication that you do not personally own. If it has appeared only on your own blog or website or your own self-published printed material it is considered self-published. In this case, as long as you are the sole copyright owner, we will accept your work for consideration for reprint.
    Seems to me, if that is the case, stuff posted in the competitions should still be allowed. Obviously that isn't for me to answer, but from what I gather and understand - seems as long as you are still the sole owner of the work then it's fine.

I would note however that there has been talks in the past of a WF publication possibility in the future. Whether that will ever happen or not (or what was happening with that) I do not know. I remember that it was aiming for competition winners, etc. Where said winners may be approached and asked if they would be willing to have their work put into said publication. Pretty sure if you went with StC then, if that ever came to pass, it would no longer be eligible for WF's publication (if it ever happens).

Anyway, wanted to make note of that too. Just in case it is still something members/admin/staff were still thinking about doing.

~Kev.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”― Mahatma Gandhi

If you want me to respond to a thread or your work just pm me.

Hi All, Sorry for not checking in earlier. Yes, if you own the work, we'll consider it. And if your work is accepted, we ask for First Serial Rights, which amounts to we want to be the first to publish it and upon publication, all rights go back to you the author. If your work gets published elsewhere subsequently we only ask that you include something to the effect "...as first published on...".

I'm also pleased to announce our 3rd issue. We're going strong, and submissions are open. Check it out: www.spankthecarp.com

Hi All - Pond 4 is out, and as usual we're open for submissions. www.spankthecarp.com

I also wanted to share some feedback that might interest you. I've heard more than once now that one of the things authors like about SPANK the CARP is how straightforward it is. And that's exactly what I'm going for - straightforward presentation (simple, clean website design) and straightforward fiction and poetry (good solid stories and poetry - show everyone your writing talent, not your ability to be obscure and make all kinds of references no one really knows or cares about).

I sincerely believe literature can and should make me think, stretch my imagination, but NOT make me feel stupid and inadequate as a reader. Like you perhaps, I've read the greats, Pearl Buck, Steinbeck, Vidal, Hemingway, and so on. They never made me feel stupid. I suppose there's a place for that type of writing, for the literati, and maybe I'm just a dummy. Maybe not.

Just wanted to say, I love the website! I'd submit, but I'm not sure my pulpy sci-fi flare would be all that enticing to you all.
    Last edited by Bishop; October 24th, 2014 at 04:32 PM.
    If you ever need a second set of eyes on your work, PM me for a critique! I'm happy to help Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Just wanted to say, I love the website! I'd submit, but I'm not sure my pulpy sci-fi flare would be all that enticing.
    I considered submitting too, but I changed my mind due to submission methods and laziness. Even finding out how to submit was confusing at first. There is no links to contact information or easy access to submit (or anything...)

SPANK, does your host provider not let you use the @ symbol or something? The SPANKtheCarp (at) [...] posted on your site is a little unprofessional. You have submissions and such so it is obviously working, but it seems a little sub-par in my opinion. Just thought I would share with you because I doubt I am the only one who thinks so. It could be a factor that stops you receiving as many submissions as you would like/hope.

As a friend of WF, I wish you success in your future; and, that's why I am sharing this view and suggesting you seek alternate methods.

Regards,

~Kev.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”― Mahatma Gandhi

If you want me to respond to a thread or your work just pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by Greimour View Post
    I considered submitting too, but I changed my mind due to submission methods and laziness. Even finding out how to submit was confusing at first. There is no links to contact information or easy access to submit (or anything...)

SPANK, does your host provider not let you use the @ symbol or something? The SPANKtheCarp (at) [...] posted on your site is a little unprofessional. You have submissions and such so it is obviously working, but it seems a little sub-par in my opinion. Just thought I would share with you because I doubt I am the only one who thinks so. It could be a factor that stops you receiving as many submissions as you would like/hope.

As a friend of WF, I wish you success in your future; and, that's why I am sharing this view and suggesting you seek alternate methods.

Regards,

~Kev.
    I found submitting to Spank quite easy. I simply emailed my submission to the link provided on their SUBMISSIONS page. One on my LM entries has been accepted for future placement.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast