Do Something With These Words... - Page 5

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Do Something With These Words...

Woohoo! It's great to see people back in this thread again. I always found it a great way to stretch out a bit.

Many of the responses (stories) in here are very good and show just how talented the writers around here are.
    “Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.” -Carl Sagan

Real courage is found, not in the willingness to risk death, but in the willingness to stand, alone if necessary, against the ignorant and disapproving herd. --Jon Roland, 1976

Have you checked out the Hidden Content

Founder of the Pantsers United Group and member of the Fantasy Lords Group

"Life is composed of lights and shadows, and we would be untruthful,
    insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows." - Walt Disney

What are the next words? Or should I suggest them?

When you come up with a story for the previous words it's then your turn to choose the words for the next.
    “Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.” -Carl Sagan

Real courage is found, not in the willingness to risk death, but in the willingness to stand, alone if necessary, against the ignorant and disapproving herd. --Jon Roland, 1976

Have you checked out the Hidden Content

Founder of the Pantsers United Group and member of the Fantasy Lords Group

"Life is composed of lights and shadows, and we would be untruthful,
    insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows." - Walt Disney

Party

Lawnmower

Chicken

Bowling Ball

This should be interesting...LOL!

A Super Bowl party invitation

Alright y'all, the wife is gone and y'all know what that means- Super Bowl Party at my place!

Cancel your plans - that means you Jeff. Everyone knows that you haven't joined a bowling team, you don't even own a bowling ball. So don't even use that excuse.

Anyways - Chicken wings, ice cold beer, chips and dips and no wives.

Y'all bring your riding lawn mowers - we can make dirt circles on the lawn to celebrate. Ain't nothing better than that.

My place, and show the right team colors - that means you Jeff. Lets do this.
    Last edited by TheWonderingNovice; December 23rd, 2015 at 06:26 AM.
    Gestalt Prayer
    I do my thing
    and you do your thing.
    I am not in this world
    to live up to your expectation
    And you are not in this world
    to live up to mine

You are you and I am I
    And If by chance
    we find each other, its beautiful,
    If not, it can't be helped.

- Fritz Perls

LOL! Now it's your turn to make a word list.

incandescent

Periwinkle

Undulation

irenic
    Gestalt Prayer
    I do my thing
    and you do your thing.
    I am not in this world
    to live up to your expectation
    And you are not in this world
    to live up to mine

You are you and I am I
    And If by chance
    we find each other, its beautiful,
    If not, it can't be helped.

- Fritz Perls

Quote Originally Posted by TheWonderingNovice View Post
    incandescent

Periwinkle

Undulation

irenic
    Oh, hell no. Not this life! LOL!

Incandescent molten rock oozes slowly down the hillside, causing little bright flares as it swallows the small periwinkles that grow in it's path. Gradually it flows down the slope onto the soft sands beside the gently undulating sea, it's appearance incogruous with the peaceful scene. Clouds of steam burst forth then fade as the cool soothing caress of the irenic waters do what the scores of fire fighters failed to do, stop nature in it's tracks.

Enrage
    Glacier
    Vibrator
    Affair

(Random word generator picked em, not me)
    Rimmer: You can't just whack Death on the head!
    Lister: If he comes near me, I'm gonna rip his nipples off!

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
    - Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Teb View Post
    Incandescent molten rock oozes slowly down the hillside, causing little bright flares as it swallows the small periwinkles that grow in it's path. Gradually it flows down the slope onto the soft sands beside the gently undulating sea, it's appearance incogruous with the peaceful scene. Clouds of steam burst forth then fade as the cool soothing caress of the irenic waters do what the scores of fire fighters failed to do, stop nature in it's tracks.

Enrage
    Glacier
    Vibrator
    Affair

(Random word generator picked em, not me)
    OH @#$%&!! NO!

One of my troops had an affair with an officer's wife that involved a vibrator, and there's no way in hell I'm going there, either.

Good job on the story, however. I couldn't think of anything like that. Well done!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast