Welcome to WF Beyond the Forum.

Thread: Welcome to WF Beyond the Forum.

Welcome

Over the years, our members have suggested, created or participated in many projects aimed at promoting the talents and imagination of our writers and artists to the world.

The purpose of this board is to -

- bring together and discuss these and other ideas, to keep alive the desire to reach readers and viewers beyond these green walls, to build on what we have and what we can do to help our aspiring and talented writers and creative artists to achieve their goals.

- connect with the social media and internet footprints of our members; those efforts to reach out - blogs, websites, online businesses, book launches, art galleries, music, performances, whatever our members have done outside of WritingForums.com to offer themselves or their works to the world. Imagine the impact we could bring if we each and collectively showed our support for these efforts from our fellow WF members.

- collect the best examples of our members' posted works, whether in challenges or in the creative areas, and with their permission, publish them and promote them more broadly in e-books, paperbacks, or other applicable media, such as podcasts.

- connect our members with the WF internet presence, putting members' ideas, expressions, and examples of brilliance into the platforms we have on Twitter, on Facebook, on Pinterest, and especially on
    Flashes of Brilliance, launched in 2016, and including our new and better members' BookStore.

Flashes of Brilliance is our biggest real foray into the greater internet community since Motley Press, and it will draw much of its inspiration from our members in this discussion forum.

Last edited by PiP; March 10th, 2018 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Updated links
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

We Apologise for the Break in Transmission ...

For those who came in late ...*

After tension mounted and rode away, I looked at the pile of WF social outlets, the half-baked and back-burning plans, and all the things that I can lump together in one pile called The Forum and another pile called Real Life, and had an epiphany**. No matter how brilliant, talented, and multifunctional I might kid myself I am, the Laws of Physics could not be denied: I needed help.

Add to the above the (then) rumours that the inexhaustible PiP was getting fired up about Catfish Soup and had cornered ... blackmailed ... forced ... con-n-n-vinced Sam to let her revive the Guest Chats as Author Interviews, and the whole thing was getting to be as big as the forum ... at least on paper.

So, after checking out what colours were left on the palette, we set out to see who we could paint plum and hand over the task of managing our social media commitments and plans.

We currently have three, and will soon have enough to get this - the social media and WF-Out-There*** members' discussion area and direct conduit to our plum team - un-stalled and active again. This is my mission.

*with more apologies to the various makers of the Phantom comic series.

**it's like a TimTam^ but with extra chocolate.

^TimTam - (double coat) the only way to make a chocolate biscuit.

I have no idea what you just said
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

Quote Originally Posted by Schrody View Post
    Sorry about that. In a previous life, I researched and helped write policy platforms for a politician.

In normal speak, what I said was I am kick-starting this forum again so that our media management team - the Plum people - can keep our members informed about what they are doing here and outside the forum on behalf of WF and its members - our Facebook page, our Twitter feeds, the YouTube channel and Google page that we have, the blog and WF Showcase ezine site, the fabulous work on Author Interviews ... even about podcasts, the anthology project, WiFs, anything they are doing or planning to help our members get noticed where it counts.

But this forum works both ways. Beyond the Forum is also where our members can tell our media management team what they are doing outside of the forum to get noticed as writers and artists - blogs, websites, magazine sites where their work has been published, competitions entered (and hopefully won) - and what ideas or suggestions or comments or questions our members want to put to our media management team.

However, none of the above works unless people do it. Someone has to start each discussion, or ask each question, or provide each bit of information - some person; bots can't do it, at least not well enough.

Good to see you again, by the way, even with a banana.

Schrody, this was one of those Emperor's New Clothes moments for me. I didn't see the clothes either but I was too embarassed to say anything. LOL. (Just kidding Cran, we get you dude)

Quote Originally Posted by TKent View Post
    Schrody, this was one of those Emperor's New Clothes moments for me. I didn't see the clothes either but I was too embarassed to say anything. LOL. (Just kidding Cran, we get you dude)
    No, no; I did that one already (in post a selfie, or some thread like that).

The opening post has been somewhat updated.