An Ode To WF

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Ode To WF

An Ode To WF

I'm a dreamer, and like daydreaming too. Yesterday I was doing dishes when something came to my mind: I'm actually talking with real writers about writing. I'm one step ahead in achieving my dream.

I'm really glad I discovered this forum, I'm glad I'm part of this large community, I'm glad I'm part of this family who always care about each other. Other forums I've been seemed too cold, uncaring, negative, but not you, so what I wanted to say is a big THANK YOU for being supportive, thank you for caring, thank you for the help, thank you for your energy and positive thoughts, thank you for the company, thank you for not seeing other writers as competition, thank you for everything (no, this is not a farewell thread, I'm still here), realizing you, members (and staff, of course), are making this place so great! Thank you for being such a kind people and good friends, thank you for not letting us down, and when we're stuck or ready to give up, you'll bring us up with your comforting words. Keep up on good work!
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

You're welcome.

I have an extensive knowledge of Mean Girls quotes.

Blog Entries
    Schrody,
    it's thanks to people like you.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    Schrody,
    it's thanks to people like you.
    And people like you. And everybody
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

There have been many times since I joined here that I have become discouraged by my lack of progress on my WIP.

However, the support I have gotten here, from people who seem to genuinely think I may actually have a talent for writing a story, has been immeasurable. Not to mention the support I got during what was a very difficult time for me and my family. Those are things I may never be able to repay.

I really appreciate the good fortune I had in finding this place.
    “Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.” -Carl Sagan

Real courage is found, not in the willingness to risk death, but in the willingness to stand, alone if necessary, against the ignorant and disapproving herd. --Jon Roland, 1976

Have you checked out the Hidden Content

Founder of the Pantsers United Group and member of the Fantasy Lords Group

"Life is composed of lights and shadows, and we would be untruthful,
    insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    Loving WF,
    since 2005.
    Cheers,
    Elven

P.S.
    Don't hesitate to PM me if you need a critique, a word of encouragement, or just someone to talk to. I listen well.

Here-here, Schrody! Well said, Lass!
    If you ever need a second set of eyes on your work, PM me for a critique! I'm happy to help Hidden Content

I miss the banana.

Quote Originally Posted by bazz cargo View Post
    I miss the banana.
    Rip banana.
    Hidden Content & Hidden Content
    Hidden Content & Hidden Content
    Hidden Content First Novel & Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Read with hunger, write with joy, and live with passion."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast