Post a selfie! - Page 101

Page 101 of 201 FirstFirst ... 519193949596979899100101102103104105106107108109111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2008

Thread: Post a selfie!

Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    Let's be best bros in real life.

I saw your photo and immediately, this is someone I'd like to walk downtown with and pretend we're total gangsters, but.....I mean....no one is going to take us as gangsters.

Btw, if stuff is misspelled in this post, just know, it's 1 in the morning and I took off my glasses to lazy to put them back on was prepping to go to bed. But crazy insomnia sleepiness just had to say nooo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160124_112721.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	11504ought I'd scare people and do another selfie. I'd smile, but every time I do I look stupid. I wish I could figure out why my photo turns from portrait to landscape.
    "Put not your trust not in princes, in the children of men,
    in whom there is no salvation."
    Psalm 146

Timely, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmOvPain View Post
    I have finally managed to take a picture smiling.

Excellent, really evocative image.

That's the smile of someone - hero or villain - about to do the nasty ...

Quote Originally Posted by midnightpoet View Post

Name:	20160124_112721.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	11504ought I'd scare people and do another selfie. I'd smile, but every time I do I look stupid. I wish I could figure out why my photo turns from portrait to landscape.
    The why would have to do with how the image file is stored on your device, rather than how you view the image on your device.

Chances are the imaging device was rotated from the default landscape position to take the portrait. The file it created stored the data in landscape format - ie, the long axis is X or horizontal.

You would need to open the file in an image editing program, rotate the image to the portrait orientation (90 degrees to the left or counterclockwise), and then save that file.

Name:	20160124_112721_rotated.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	11505
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

Thanks, Cran. I uploaded to "One Drive." pulled it up - but it's not allowing me to save it. It shows a save icon but it won't function. You know sometimes an icon is in shadow (I'm having a hard time describing this)like you aren't approved to use it. Nothing like modern technology to make you feel stupid.
    I never had a problem in the old windows XP, win 10 seems like it's more complicated, like it's telling you hey stupid you're supposed to know all this stuff. I need a win 10 for dummies. I've had computer experience since back in the 80's but mainly mainframe. Writing, on word perfect. When you get old it's bleeping hard to keep up. My first computer was an Atari.
    "Put not your trust not in princes, in the children of men,
    in whom there is no salvation."
    Psalm 146

Timely, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Schrody View Post
    It doesn't show
    Every time I see your face, I am blind in one eye. I hope my winking doesn't bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightpoet View Post
    Thanks, Cran. I uploaded to "One Drive." pulled it up - but it's not allowing me to save it. It shows a save icon but it won't function. You know sometimes an icon is in shadow (I'm having a hard time describing this)like you aren't approved to use it. Nothing like modern technology to make you feel stupid.
    Yes, an inactive function will usually be shadowed or otherwise less visible.

I'm not familiar with One Drive, but from what I can gather it's a file storage and file sharing app but (importantly) not a file editing app.

You need at least a basic imaging editing program designed for Win10. WindowsCentral suggest one of four that should suit your needs (and then some). I've only skimmed the first on the list (left column) and saw it was free to download.

I never had a problem in the old windows XP, win 10 seems like it's more complicated, like it's telling you hey stupid you're supposed to know all this stuff. I need a win 10 for dummies. I've had computer experience since back in the 80's but mainly mainframe. Writing, on word perfect. When you get old it's bleeping hard to keep up. My first computer was an Atari.
    I loved Windows XP! I had Photoshop for XP. Sniff.

There is a version: Windows 10 for Seniors for Dummies (why not just for Senior Dummies?).

I came in at the end of the big shift from mainframes and card-feeding to desktops; after the run of TRS80s (green print on black, and tiny monitors), it was early windows (3.1 I think, for writing and editing) and apples (for graphics and layout). My first real home PC cost a fortune, ran Win98, and lasted for years, long enough for me to buy into XP after most of the bugs were sorted. I didn't have any problems with my XP from the moment I switched off the automatic updates.

ETA: To keep in the spirit of this thread, I shall add one of my less flattering pics - of me either getting up or sitting down at my hastily thrown together temporary home office, and my first home computer, seven years after purchase and still going strong. (2005)

Name:	2005-temp home office.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	11506
    Last edited by Cran; January 25th, 2016 at 02:38 PM.
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinzeCharming View Post
    Every time I see your face, I am blind in one eye. I hope my winking doesn't bother you.
    What, I'm that ugly?

I'm kidding.
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

Quote Originally Posted by Cran View Post
    ETA: To keep in the spirit of this thread, I shall add one of my less flattering pics - of me either getting up or sitting down at my hastily thrown together temporary home office, and my first home computer, seven years after purchase and still going strong. (2005)
    Nonsense. You look radiant as always
    Je suis Charlie.

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

Oldie but goodie...

Name:	bljub.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	11508

How about that band, Rhythm?
    Je suis Charlie.