NaPoWriMo anyone?

Thread: NaPoWriMo anyone?

NaPoWriMo anyone?

Modelled after NaNoWriMo, NaPoWriMo challenges poets, fools and masochists to write a poem a day for thirty days. Daily prompts are listed on the website, starting today. I'm going to try and give it a go and be happy if I get even half done! Anyone else...?
    “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness.”

Blog Entries
    You know what... why not?

I WILL DO IT!!!
    "Fantasy is the literature of hope. In fantasy there is a belief that you can make a difference. Today may be bleak, but you can live through today. And tomorrow will be better. And maybe there'll be a different darkness tomorrow, but you can live through that, too, and you can make the light come, and the darkness go away. It doesn't matter how many times the darkness comes. There is always hope for something better." ~Robert Jordan

"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ~C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Gyarachu View Post
    You know what... why not?

I WILL DO IT!!!
    Wooooooooo!
    “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness.”

Blog Entries
    I had hoped that pretending to get pumped via capital letters would turn to real enthusiasm. I am struggling.
    "Fantasy is the literature of hope. In fantasy there is a belief that you can make a difference. Today may be bleak, but you can live through today. And tomorrow will be better. And maybe there'll be a different darkness tomorrow, but you can live through that, too, and you can make the light come, and the darkness go away. It doesn't matter how many times the darkness comes. There is always hope for something better." ~Robert Jordan

"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ~C.S. Lewis

I will do it, too. Seems like good practice.

Might just be a haiku some days, though.

I would do this for the sake of poetry is I wasn't so busy with all my other projects.
    Hidden Content & Hidden Content
    Hidden Content & Hidden Content
    Hidden Content First Novel & Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Read with hunger, write with joy, and live with passion."

Quote Originally Posted by Gyarachu View Post
    I had hoped that pretending to get pumped via capital letters would turn to real enthusiasm. I am struggling.
    OH NO! I left it late last night to start and had every intention of struggling also, but then me other arf came in and annoyed me which gave me a way of connecting to the quote I'd been given as prompt. So, I suppose that was good...?! I'm hoping my efforts get more like poems and less like garble as the month goes on though.

Quote Originally Posted by lasm View Post
    I will do it, too. Seems like good practice.

Might just be a haiku some days, though.
    Yay! After I committed word-garble last night, I came back to it briefly and tried a haiku that worked much better. It's a very forgiving format to the time-constrained.

Quote Originally Posted by bookmasta View Post
    I would do this for the sake of poetry is I wasn't so busy with all my other projects.
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sounds interesting, and right up in my alley...

Quote Originally Posted by Enchantress View Post
    Sounds interesting, and right up in my alley...
    It's been fun so far... two days in and I have my haiku from a random prompt generator and an etheree about a Japanese mythological spirit! Today's challenge is to write a charm for/against something.

NOTICE! I have started a thread in the Poetry Workshop so we can share poems there, if we want. Though people could also share poems here. Anyway, here is the thread:
    NaPoWriMo Workshop Thread

I have been falling down on this a little already! However, yesterday I wrote a lame little haiku for the ekphrasis one, and I wrote a little poem this morning (without the prompt) that I don't totally hate, so I will post it over in that other thread I just mentioned.
    Last edited by lasm; April 3rd, 2014 at 04:38 PM.