I need advice please - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need advice please

How cool is that Bill, good luck!
    [I]"The world stands out on either side No wider than the heart is wide;
    Above the world is stretched the sky, No higher than the soul is high.
    The heart can push the sea and land Farther away on either hand;
    The soul can split the sky in two, And let the face of God shine through.
    But East and West will pinch the heart That can not keep them pushed apart;
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky -- Will cave in on him by and by."
    [/I]

Interesting! You might try to describe what your hands are doing in terms of the different types of bends and folds that you can make. Since you'll be writing about how to do this, try not to worry about going into perfect detail. There's only so much that you can describe with words.

It might be easier to describe how the metal should behave. Whether different strands should be equal or of different lengths, how far apart two strands might be. The angle to which you should bend a certain wire, etc. Good Luck!
    "Boku wa yandere desu ka?! More like, Ich kann der geh! Jah?"

i kind of like them for there simplicity and the way you catch the body movements in a single pose is really amazing.
    The only one who can heal you is you.

If you are looking for terminology to use, look to wire wrapping in the jewelry making sections. You might find instructions there as well.

Having done wire work and wire wrapping, knowing the different metals should be a major section of your instructions. Hard, half-hard, soft and dead-soft wires have very different behaviors.

If you do a demo video on YouTube to advertise, I would suggest a stop action animation using your cool little people. That would rock.
    Check out my blog at Hidden Content !

"You can fail at what you don't want. You might as well do what you love." -Jim Carrey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    i kind of like them for there simplicity and the way you catch the body movements in a single pose is really amazing.
    I guess that is what my coworkers thought. To me they were a pastime thing. Though like you say I did try to catch the action in a simple wire figure.

Thanks it means a lot.
    My friends and family call me Bill, you may also.Hidden Content

When people meet people,
    Potential Strangers, Acquaintances, Friends.

When dogs meet people,
    Potential Friends, Acquaintances, Strangers.

I would rather be the Dog.

It takes only,
    A second to meet,
    A moment to know,
    A Lifetime to forget.

A word without thought can destroy.
    Please remember to think before you speak.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dvspec View Post
    If you are looking for terminology to use, look to wire wrapping in the jewelry making sections. You might find instructions there as well.

Having done wire work and wire wrapping, knowing the different metals should be a major section of your instructions. Hard, half-hard, soft and dead-soft wires have very different behaviors.

If you do a demo video on YouTube to advertise, I would suggest a stop action animation using your cool little people. That would rock.
    Oh you devil, you!

Don't do that!

Now I am going to be plagued, of how to do that with free programs, because I cannot afford to buy a good video program.

You brat! I hate you.

*punches you on the shoulder*

Damn good idea! I like it.

When people meet people,

When dogs meet people,

It takes only,
    A second to meet,
    A moment to know,
    A Lifetime to forget.

I know I have a program on my computer that apparently came with it. It's called my video - movie maker. You can insert pictures into it and create a movie. Check your computer, you may have the same thing or something similar. Then you would just need a camera.

Also, I noticed that your little people seemed to be leaning against stuff to make them stand up. Off the top of my head the first thought was a clear epoxy base that you could stick their little people feet into. Then you could make them swim with the fishes. LOL
    Check out my blog at Hidden Content !

"You can fail at what you don't want. You might as well do what you love." -Jim Carrey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dvspec View Post
    I know I have a program on my computer that apparently came with it. It's called my video - movie maker. You can insert pictures into it and create a movie. Check your computer, you may have the same thing or something similar. Then you would just need a camera.

Also, I noticed that your little people seemed to be leaning against stuff to make them stand up. Off the top of my head the first thought was a clear epoxy base that you could stick their little people feet into. Then you could make them swim with the fishes. LOL
    Right now they go into a cookie ten.

A couple of weeks ago, My Grandnieces were here for a short visit. I showed them the figures and they fell in love with them. I showed them how I do it and they said they would improve on them giving them hair and stuff. Like I said mine are the beginnings for a better ends. (a starting place)

When people meet people,

When dogs meet people,

It takes only,
    A second to meet,
    A moment to know,
    A Lifetime to forget.

cc
    Last edited by Apex; August 14th, 2014 at 05:17 PM.

I had a teacher who once told me that essentially the best teachers are the ones for whom something does not come naturally because they had to first teach themselves to do it and so they know a good path to teach others from experience. When something comes naturally to someone, it's difficult to teach another person how to do that because they don't know how they do it, they just do.

So, it might be helpful to pretend you're someone who doesn't know how to do what you do, and look up tutorials on "wire figures". See how others would go about teaching themselves to do it, and apply that to your natural talent.

Video may not work, but taking many pictures of each step could be helpful as the person following along can compare their figure to your figure as they go along without pausing the video ten times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12