What You Do When You Don't Want To Write - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What You Do When You Don't Want To Write

Quote Originally Posted by -AT View Post
    This is basically what I do (though, with my own respective hobbies). My motivation for writing comes from life and experience, so I do things that I enjoy to give me more inspiration.
    My inspiration comes when my uber-active imagination comes up with concepts and ideas, generally fully made up things. That's why I write sci-fi, I can just make up anything and give it a vague scientific buzz word to make it work. "They had nineteen legs because EVOLUTION."

Bam. DONE.

Or in the words of HedonismBot:
    "LESS REALITY! MORE FANTASY!"
    If you ever need a second set of eyes on your work, PM me for a critique! I'm happy to help Hidden Content

I tend to force myself. Though lately school work has bogged be down. I try to write on any breaks I find, but those come few and far between sadly. Though, I do find myself in the same predicament of forcing myself my writing suffers, but I also think even if it sucks I can edit. You can't edit a blank page. So, I keep moving and keep typing and hope that something that can be salvaged later pops up in the session.
    Buy the ticket take the ride.

I sleep, as lack of it is generally why I don't want to write.
    For all Eternity I will write, for all the worlds soon to be created......

In your pocket, stealing your pocket lint.
    Reading is excellent medicine for this situation, especially if you take time to admire the writer's prose. It can re-inspire you, make you think "I want to do that!"
    "Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised." --John Steinbeck

Whenever I find the creative fire in me has started to smolder, I just crack open a book and start reading. I rarely manage to make it through a full chapter before I'm back at my computer, typing away with excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleColorado View Post
    Whenever I find the creative fire in me has started to smolder, I just crack open a book and start reading. I rarely manage to make it through a full chapter before I'm back at my computer, typing away with excitement.
    So you've been reading the same book for months, right?
    If you ever need a second set of eyes on your work, PM me for a critique! I'm happy to help Hidden Content

I have a dozen or so books I've started and not completed yet, for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleColorado View Post
    I have a dozen or so books I've started and not completed yet, for this reason.
    Hey, that just means they last that much longer as both entertainment and motivational tools!

I don't force myself to write; I simply write. The process of making letters appear on a peace of paper is not something I have to ever fight against - the choice of the words themselves, maybe. I usually end up writing nonsense. But it's useful nonsense, and usually gets my juices flowing within a short while.
    Sleep is for the weak, or sleep is for a week.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I write about anime and internet culture at Hidden Content

tumblr. alll the tumblr.
    You only have to look at the medusa straight on to see her. And she's not deadly. She's beautiful and she's laughing. --Helene Cixous

Writing, arting, and reviewing at Hidden Content
    twitter: Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast