Your Story In One Sentence - Page 8

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Story In One Sentence

All is not as it appears; some people really are rats.

Blog Entries
    Genetics and time has allowed us to open our minds, now anything is possible, even flight.

"A unique atheistic exemplification of spirituality through more commonplace religious imagery." 11

"In an alternate not-so-distant future a band of rebels find struggle utilizing their psychic abilities against a totalitarian government." 21 words

In your pocket, stealing your pocket lint.
    Quote Originally Posted by W.Goepner View Post
    Genetics and time has allowed us to open our minds, now anything is possible, even flight.
    I'm fairly sure this is something that's already happened. I'm referring to airplanes, of course, but you understand my meaning.

"A unique atheistic exemplification of spirituality through more commonplace religious imagery." 11
    Is this fiction or non-fiction?
    "Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised." --John Steinbeck

Set between the 11th century and the present day, The Wolves of Langabhat is an epic twist on Scots folklore and Norse mythology dealing with Vikings, werewolves, friendship and rock n' roll.

This is the actual hook line I've been using in my submission cover letter!
    "If at first you don't succeed, aff wi' the bunnet, and in wi' the heid." - Old Glasgow proverb.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellMachine View Post
    Is this fiction or non-fiction?
    It is fiction but its an attempt at classical style where nearly everything is a metaphor for real world applicability.

Blog Entries
    Spanning two realities, only Hell stands between man and his complete annihilation.
    Not available to BETA READ at present due to (reading) workload. Hidden Content

Twitter: Hidden Content

On my ninth novel, and I think I'm just starting to get the hang of this writing thing...

===

Self-promotion: a necessary tool for those who cannot find others willing to sing their praises.

- In the 22nd century, virtuality has gone so far, old-fashioned detective who despise technology has to solve a murder by the virtual drug.

- When Marianne decides to go to a field trip, she discovers she's now in a different world, with it's own rules.

- Contract killer of 12 year regrets the day he met the Old Man, and has to choose; keep working for him so his love could live, or personal salvation?
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

Losing her parents, Natalie sets off into a bleak world to get revenge; this however soon becomes bigger than herself.

My newest:

Asteroid miner accidentally unearths technology that can change the future for any faction that possesses it. And she doesn't know it.

Cancer patient cryogenically freezes himself in hopes of future cure, is awoken by scout ship at war 3500 years later.

If you ever need a second set of eyes on your work, PM me for a critique! I'm happy to help Hidden Content