Your Story In One Sentence - Page 39

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Your Story In One Sentence

A young man encounters a young woman repeatedly in his dreams. Will he cross into her reality, or choose to remain in his own?

A young man finds the decrepit antebellum mansion irresistible. He meets up with the resident, an astonishingly beautiful woman, who may not be what she seems.

A young man visits his grandfather, who has always been the black sheep of the family, and finds himself embroiled in a mystery involving the manipulation of time and weather, a vanished coven of witches, a secret passage, the ocean, and the eerie light called ghost light, or St. Elmo's Fire.

I have others, but those are the ones that spring immediately to mind.

An interstellar teenage rockstar is stalked by a bloodthirsty cybernetic cow.
    Dead by Dawn!

Quote Originally Posted by BornForBurning View Post
    The words 'stalked' and 'cow' sit poorly together, cows are, at their best, lumbering creatures, unless of course it is figurative. In that case I think I might remember her from my Teenage Rockstar days
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post

The words 'stalked' and 'cow' sit poorly together, cows are, at their best, lumbering creatures, unless of course it is figurative. In that case I think I might remember her from my Teenage Rockstar days
    I took Bornforburning's post as humor - as such, I think it works.

ETA: Cows are also vegetarians.

I took Bornforburning's post as humor - as such, I think it works.
    oh no. It's 100% serious. Not joking. I just finished the rough draft. The villain is a cyborg-cow who eats teenagers.
    Dead by Dawn!

Quote Originally Posted by BornForBurning View Post
    oh no. It's 100% serious. Not joking. I just finished the rough draft. The villain is a cyborg-cow who eats teenagers.
    A cyborg-cow that eats teenagers you say? I'm in!

McDonald's revenge? Or maybe the cow is going after vegan teenagers?

Five buddies down on their luck decide itís a good idea to rob an armored truck.

A cyborg-cow that eats teenagers you say? I'm in!
    You're welcome to critique it here in the fiction workshop.
    Dead by Dawn!

To end a centuries-old war, Celeste has agreed to a marriage without love, but her betrothed wants to conquer, not compromise.

Or maybe

A treaty has been drawn between Vieuxmec and Donaterra, but between ambition and fey interference, peace seems farther away than ever.

Love this excercise; it's harder than it sounds!

Blog Entries
    A Templar Knight must work with a reincarnation of the great wolf Fenrir in order to save the world from Ragnarock.
    This might not be my best work but that just means there's room to improve.

I don't have a big ego. You just can't comprehend my greatness!