Your Story In One Sentence - Page 37

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Your Story In One Sentence

Blog Entries
    A 2 year old child disappears from her room for 30 minutes, then suddenly reappears in a strong light: but now she's . . . different.

A woman reconnects with her old friend, only to find that he is now a celebrity for a hateful cause they both despised—and she has to protect him.

The one I'm editing is:
    Two women face the strangling expectations of society together as an outwardly straight couple, seeking escape with the help of their families.

This is one hell of a challenge, a bit like writing your own bio!

In a post-apocalyptic world, Joe is an astray survivor who unwillingly gets involved into an unlikely treasure hunt.

In the wild west, a criminal loses his purposes and wanders aimlessly pursued by an obsessed U.S. Marshal and by his own past.

Benjamin crosses the wastes of hell itself to rescue his girlfriend.

When a dark sorcerer kidnaps the princess, the fate of the realm falls on the shoulders of a phony prince and a rather stinky peasant.

How to do for stories that don't have either a major single character nor a major single plot but have a large rooster and the outcome is the product of more story-lines?
    i.e. how would you do a one sentence shot for works like A Song of Ice and Fire or for the Foundation of Asimov?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
    How to do for stories that don't have either a major single character nor a major single plot..?
    I have to manage on my romances which almost by definition are built out of two plots. Figure out the central thrust of the cloud. This is like back cover text, find the plot and hint it, don't start boringly listing characters.

A suicidal banker who can't quite pull the trigger himself hires a firm with a knack for this sort of thing. Then he regrets it.
    Last edited by J.T. Chris; October 1st, 2019 at 03:07 AM.

Livin', lovin' every day

A vampire seeks the love and bondage of a young woman to break the chains that bind him to his abusive vampire family.
    Hidden Content <--Proceed with der clickity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
    how would you do a one sentence shot for works like A Song of Ice and Fire or for the Foundation of Asimov?
    A Song Of Ice And Fire: "A lot of people in a medieval-like fantasy world kill each other for various reasons at various times."?

Anyone wanna try War and Peace?

I am writing a non fiction book, replies here seem to be for fiction, am i welcome