Your Story In One Sentence - Page 36

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2628293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Your Story In One Sentence

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojack79 View Post
    In an effort to make the worst story ever told one man will delve into the world of ....
    Memes, Tropes, Cliches and the Interwebs!
    This might not be my best work but that just means there's room to improve.

I don't have a big ego. You just can't comprehend my greatness!

Quote Originally Posted by Rojack79 View Post
    In an effort to make the worst story ever told one man will delve into the world of ....
    The perversion of everything pure, wholesome and nostalgic.

Screw up all characters from every (especially 1980's) child entertainment movie and TV show. Misspell their names, assign them to the wrong eras/planets/genders/species and give them the wrong personalities and motivations. Gratuitous, out-of-character, physically impossible and poorly written love scenes everywhere. Out-of-character swear words sprinkled in where they don't belong like maggots in a birthday cake. SPaG out the window. Have everyone be a promiscuous murderous alcoholic because they're adults. Obsess about their suddenly trendy out-of-character wardrobe choices. Confuse who the villains and heroes are. Insult the readers at every opportunity. Take a big crap on their childhoods in a spastic, illiterate kind of way.

You've gotta outdo My Immortal, after all... and that did these things, pretty much.
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seigfried007 View Post

Screw up all characters from every (especially 1980's) child entertainment movie and TV show. Misspell their names, assign them to the wrong eras/planets/genders/species and give them the wrong personalities and motivations. Gratuitous, out-of-character, physically impossible and poorly written love scenes everywhere. Out-of-character swear words sprinkled in where they don't belong like maggots in a birthday cake. SPaG out the window. Have everyone be a promiscuous murderous alcoholic because they're adults. Obsess about their suddenly trendy out-of-character wardrobe choices. Confuse who the villains and heroes are. Insult the readers at every opportunity. Take a big crap on their childhoods in a spastic, illiterate kind of way.

You've gotta outdo My Immortal, after all... and that did these things, pretty much.
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seigfried007 View Post

Honestly I will probably not come anywhere near as close to My Immortal but I'd like to at least give it my all. I'll be going over everything that I can and picking 1-2 tropes, memes, and cliches to run with throughout the story. That could actually be a funny challenge. See if you can use the least amount of material to write the worst work of publishable fiction ever.

A girl who can't let go of the past and a boy that never had one.

For the series of short stories I'm working on:

"A group of people must decide the path they will take in a city drowning in corruption, beset by seemingly unexplained superpowers."

I'll call this draft #1.

The battle of the great caves.

Young man breaks into a crumbling mansion and encounters a beautiful, seductive woman with a deadly secret.

This is so far the best, most accurate single sentence I've come up with for Pinocchio:

In this disturbing and highly sexualized retelling of the classic tale, the life of a mild-mannered family man falls to pieces after he meets a mysterious entity.

A more jokey way to put it might be:
    "Clark Kent vs Cthulu vs Cold War 2" as played in "the D" major
    Last edited by seigfried007; September 28th, 2019 at 03:43 AM.
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

Blog Entries
    An ancient, malicious dream catcher pull four teenage into an alternate webworld.
    Blog: Guerilla Warfare For Writers:Hidden Content

Amazon Page: Hidden Content
    Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers: Hidden Content