Marquetry and Sculpture handiwork

Thread: Marquetry and Sculpture handiwork

Marquetry and Sculpture handiwork

For your potential enjoyment and maybe ideas in doing something of your own.

http://www.achinook.com/artworks/

(link is to my own strictly noncommercial site)
    Last edited by LeeC; February 5th, 2014 at 04:08 AM.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

That is some beautiful work, Lee. That treasure chest is awesome.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Thanks Gumby, it kept me busy while I was getting my head straightened out.
    Last edited by LeeC; February 5th, 2014 at 04:09 AM.

Site:
    Hidden Content

Very nice work.
    "PS: don't take technical advice about cold fusion from someone who can't spell fuzhun."

Hidden Content

Wow, you are seriously talented, they are all amazing!

The tortoise box and the early work for your wife are my favourites. They are incredible. All of them are. Very well done, Lee
    Apple Ice

The tortoise box is exquisite!
    “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness.”

Thank you all for the kind words. Adds to my store of nice memories.

Though I would take exception to the talented bit Abby There are many misleading words and I think talent is one of them. One person may be better able to do something than another, physically or mentally, and inclinations vary considerably, but it's desire and tenacity that facilitate accomplishments. Of course a little OCD doesn't hurt

In appreciation,
    LeeC

A rose for each of you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rose.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	5612

Site:
    Hidden Content

Hi, Lee. Talent is only as good as how you put it to use. I wrote a thing on "pride" not too long ago in the prose area and this is a corollary to that. Basically, it is a sin to take pride in a talent, but not to take pride in a work. I have design talent but physical limitations that prevent me from executing what I see. I created my logo for my business but had to pay someone else to clean it up and put it on business cards for me. Maybe I'll post some of my GIMP work here at some point.
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

Ok I will re-phrase that then, you are seriously talented at wood carving!! And you can have desire and tenacity in abundance, but it won't give you talent, that is something you either have or you don't. I can tell just by looking at that exquisite rose for example, that I could never make that in a million years, although I am very tenacious and creative. We all have our talents