Moving On

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving On

Blog Entries

Moving On

First song, pretty short, just the lyrics as I don't have the equipment / programs / know how to perform it, record it and put it on soundcloud or something.

---

I found every thing that I have ever wanted then threw it all away
    Can’t say I even tried, can’t say I ever tried
    Don’t deserve a second chance, sorry it had to turn out this way

Been two years and you’re still so beautiful, if not more so
    I was just a boy, I promise I’ve changed
    Not sure what my promises mean to you any more
    But I swear you are my world, and I really mean that
    I have never dared lie about that

I put away those games I played, locked up the masks where my secrets used to lie
    Just one last time
    Let us try
    It cannot be “right love, wrong time” forever
    I know you cannot trust me, but I know we’re complimentary
    So if you’ll let me be me, I am ready

Because I can’t move on… - softly, repeat x3

Because I can’t move on!
    (right when I’m about to, you come in and remind me)

I can’t move on!
    (as if to tell me “soon”)

Because I can’t move on!
    (as if to tell me “I still love you”)

Oh I just can’t move on!
    (as if to say to me “please just wait”)

Not entirely sure why, but I worry that it’s too late

reads to me like an acoustic song..cool dude.
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    reads to me like an acoustic song..cool dude.
    Thanks friend! ^_^ It's actually inspired by 90's emo (bands like Jimmy Eat World, Saves The Day, The Get Up Kids) but an acoustic version I actually was planning on doing first with a friend, as I don't have a band.

The only thing that really jumped out to me that I would have written differently was the final line, but I could just be reading this with the wrong "tune" in my head - it's hard to tell without music ya know. In my head, the word "entirely" doesn't seem to work well, but I definitely could be seeing this wrong. I feel like personally I would word it either simply "I'm not sure why, but I worry that it's too late" or "I'm just not sure why, but I worry that it's too late". For some reason that seems to flow better to me than "entirely" - but again, I could just be "hearing" this in my head differently than it was meant to be heard.

Otherwise I like it, and it's oddly relevant to how I feel right now about a situation of my own.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caseface99 View Post
    The only thing that really jumped out to me that I would have written differently was the final line, but I could just be reading this with the wrong "tune" in my head - it's hard to tell without music ya know. In my head, the word "entirely" doesn't seem to work well, but I definitely could be seeing this wrong. I feel like personally I would word it either simply "I'm not sure why, but I worry that it's too late" or "I'm just not sure why, but I worry that it's too late". For some reason that seems to flow better to me than "entirely" - but again, I could just be "hearing" this in my head differently than it was meant to be heard.

Otherwise I like it, and it's oddly relevant to how I feel right now about a situation of my own.
    With the tune I'm using "I'm just not sure why, but I worry that it's too late" and my line both can work. I do however think actually that the way your line is worded is more suitable. A bit more straight-forward and forceful, especially for being the ending line to the song. It's a fast paced song, probably would only be 2:45 or somewhere around there. Acoustic will likely be longer, up somewhere around 3:45.

If you ever record it be sure to post! Even just a rough recording, I know doing a real studio quality track takes a lot of equipment and software.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caseface99 View Post
    If you ever record it be sure to post! Even just a rough recording, I know doing a real studio quality track takes a lot of equipment and software.
    I definitely will. ^_^

Bravo Romeo. You've got sack to right that. Please be sure to introduce us to the final product - An Acoustic Emo.... Do it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtrounce View Post
    Bravo Romeo. You've got sack to right that. Please be sure to introduce us to the final product - An Acoustic Emo.... Do it.
    Thanks a lot man! And there's an idea. I'll get with my friend soon and talk about it.

nice man
    i was surfing th web the i found this Meaningful Quotes for you, for motivation and inspiration

why not post yours here ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast