IMPORTANT: Posting In This Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT: Posting In This Forum

IMPORTANT: Posting In This Forum

As in 2013, there will be no debates allowed in 2014. Keep all discussions reasonably on track and if you stray into potentially offensive and/or sensitive issues, be very careful how you tread. It will be up to the moderation team to decide what is acceptable and what is not. But, if a topic is offending you, do the adult thing and walk away.

Flaming has always been unacceptable on this site and will continue to be. However, there is a big difference in disagreeing with someone and a personal attack. We are bound to have different opinions about things, so we ask you to respect that and move on if you are unable to. Never personally attack another member. On the flip side, a thick skin is required in this profession. If you are easily offended, we suggest you refrain from engaging in heated discussions.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Hi, forgive my ignorance, but I thought discussion is debate. It is an exchange of ideas,
    viewpoints and arguments.

"Hey, did you see Game Of Thrones last night?"
    "Yes, what did you think to all the murder?" <--- Discussion

"I watched Game Of Thrones last night, I feel that the characters portrayed are designed to reflect multi cultural couplings in a modern society. What are your thoughts on interracial marriages?" <-- can of worms waiting to happen.

Discussion is: Does this idea work? What do you think of this? Do you sympathise with my main character? How many pages per chapter?

Debate is: Does God exist? Is being gay criminal? Should gun laws be more strict? Should recreational drugs be made available to the general public?

One is related to writing; the other is related to politics, religion, and world views. The latter is not permitted on WF.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

Blog Entries
    Can't argue with that.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Blog Entries
    Oh dear, what did i say?

I commented and edited and wished i hadn't posted.

I'm sorry.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

Blog Entries
    Okay.
    Thanks.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

In a debate, you are trying to win and you don't care what the correct answer is. The discussions here are nothing like that, it's always people working together. But we have to be able to discuss things we disagree about, right?
    How to write a good start: Hidden Content . Useful, original information. Long and thorough.
    Includes Hidden Content (do you start with description?), Hidden Content (a favorite with publishers apparently), starting with Hidden Content (a lost art), and more.

Yeah, I really think we should all go back to writing literature without politics, religion, or any world-views in it. Those issues are just taking up space where we should add more dragons to be honest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast