IMPORTANT: Posting In This Forum - Page 2

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IMPORTANT: Posting In This Forum

Discussion:
    "Here is my view on topic A. What are your views?"

Debate:
    "Here is my view on topic A, and here is why other views are wrong and the people who hold them are mistaken/stupid/evil."

Quote Originally Posted by Clove View Post
    Yeah, I really think we should all go back to writing literature without politics, religion, or any world-views in it. Those issues are just taking up space where we should add more dragons to be honest.
    You can write about them. You can't debate them.

This is not a debate forum.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

Quote Originally Posted by lasm View Post
    Discussion:
    "Here is my view on topic A. What are your views?"

Debate:
    "Here is my view on topic A, and here is why other views are wrong and the people who hold them are mistaken/stupid/evil."
    ^This.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    You can write about them. You can't debate them.

This is not a debate forum.
    ^And this.
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

Blog Entries
    Gentlemen,
    Ladies,
    I know this not really a subject that is up for debate but,
    There's always a "but".

You guys seek to write, in whatever genre, totally unaffected by politics of the day, religious affiliations, or very personal outside influences, really?

I have just three things to say;

Tolerance,

Tolerance,

and, if that wasn't clear enough,

TOLERANCE.

Capiche?
    Comprende?

Love and peace, to all, where-ever you're at.

dither
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

This thread is not for debating whether or not we should have debates. It's an informative thread letting people know of WF policy and rules.

Closed.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12