Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Changes for the New Year

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Bloody hell.
    Freedom !!!

Blog Entries
    I didn't attack anyone, I just said I think people need to be more tolerable of others, and understand that not everyone comes from the same background. At first people didn't embrace the 'beatnik' writers, but soon the group became some of the most prolific of their generation. It's a valid point to make as a New Year's thread that discusses change for the up coming year. IMO.

It's not a valid point when it discusses another member.

Never personally attack another member
    End of discussion.
    Site Rules and Regs

My Novel

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    We are moving away from the strict rules concerning profanity and are concentrating instead on a more respect-based atmosphere.
    The strict enforcement probably wasn't worth the heartburn, anyway.

Doubtful there will be a huge resurgence of people wanting to drop the f-bomb, though I could be wrong.
    "The only calibration that counts is how much heart people invest, how much they ignore their fears of being hurt or caught out or humiliated. And the only thing people regret is that they didn't live boldly enough, that they didn't invest enough heart, didn't love enough. Nothing else really counts at all. It was a saying about noble figures in old Irish poems—he would give his hawk to any man that asked for it, yet he loved his hawk better than men nowadays love their bride of tomorrow. He would mourn a dog with more grief than men nowadays mourn their fathers.

And that's how we measure out our real respect for people—by the degree of feeling they can register, the voltage of life they can carry and tolerate—and enjoy.
    "

Live like a mighty river: a letter from Ted Hughes to his son, Nicholas

Notes from the Night

Quote Originally Posted by Jon M View Post
    The strict enforcement probably wasn't worth the heartburn, anyway.

Doubtful there will be a huge resurgence of people wanting to drop the f-bomb, though I could be wrong.
    The entire idea could be ruined by a group of immature people who don't know how to act like an adult and instead abuse the loosening of restrictions on language. That's the Internet for you in a nutshell.
    Site Rules and Regs

My Novel

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

HEY SAM! **** YOU! YUH **** *******! Just kidding.

Happy Uncensored New Year WF!
    MJ Preston is an Author and Artist at Large who hails from Canada.
    He is the author of the horror novel: The Equinox and the Sci-fi thriller Acadia Event
    To learn more: visit: MJ PRESTON: AUTHOR AND ARTIST AT LARGE

I like it and hope it doesn't get abused.

"Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."
    ~Will Rogers

When I first posted I never gave it much thought about adult content and just put it out there....now I look and think about it before I put it out..I think it taught me something in general and while I champion the changes I myself will still carry on as before and use it as a safety blanket...cheers peeps.
    The only one who can heal you is you.

I plan on swearing my ****** face off.
    MJ Preston is an Author and Artist at Large who hails from Canada.
    He is the author of the horror novel: The Equinox and the Sci-fi thriller Acadia Event
    To learn more: visit: MJ PRESTON: AUTHOR AND ARTIST AT LARGE

Admin note: Okay folks, we've all had a little fun with this, but it's time to move on and quit the monkey shines.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123