EditMinion - Free Online Editing Tool

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: EditMinion - Free Online Editing Tool

Post EditMinion - Free Online Editing Tool

While it's no replacement for human editing, this free, easy-to-use online edit-box has helped me find the most common slip-ups in my WiP.

I don't recommend treating all the highlighted portions of your writing as automatic "errors". It's better to look at them and ask yourself if you want to change them.

Think of EditMinion as a helpful little critter that goes through your words and points some out to you, raising its shoulders in a shrug, as if to say, "How about this? Do you like it, or do you want to change it?"

Feel free to yell at the little monster and say, "Yes, I like it. It stays!" as much as you want. It is, after all, your writing.

But, I bet you'll come across a few highlights that you'll be grateful for.

Give it a try! Hope it helps.

http://editminion.com/
    Last edited by Kyle R; October 8th, 2013 at 01:17 AM.

Hey,
    Very awesome and inventive program. There's definitely a lot of potential there. Thanks for the heads up!

I am definitely going to give this one a try.

thanks.
    “Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.” -Carl Sagan

Real courage is found, not in the willingness to risk death, but in the willingness to stand, alone if necessary, against the ignorant and disapproving herd. --Jon Roland, 1976

Have you checked out the Hidden Content

Founder of the Pantsers United Group and member of the Fantasy Lords Group

"Life is composed of lights and shadows, and we would be untruthful,
    insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows." - Walt Disney

I just pantsed a few paragraphs and it came up all green. Look out, all you agents. Here I come.

"Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

Quote Originally Posted by J Anfinson View Post
    I just pantsed a few paragraphs and it came up all green. Look out, all you agents. Here I come.
    Oh that's pretty doggone funny. LOL

I can imagine it'll probably do something similar for me.
    “Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.” -Carl Sagan

Real courage is found, not in the willingness to risk death, but in the willingness to stand, alone if necessary, against the ignorant and disapproving herd. --Jon Roland, 1976

insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows." - Walt Disney

Well now..I took a random paragraph from my novel and plugged it into the program and the results were pretty interesting. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought it might be. There were a few "weak words" and a few spots of "passive voice" (which is something I struggle with anyway), but there wasn't as much green as I had expected.

I really like this program. Thanks for letting us know about it.

Wow, I didn't know something like this existed! I will definitely use this to assist me when editing. Thanks for the link!

I ran my novel through editminion and there's a lot of work to do. However, when I tried to print it, the highlighting was missing. Is there a way to print or export it with the corrections intact?