The Roadhouse Diner - Page 122
Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112114115116117118119120121122
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1220

Thread: The Roadhouse Diner

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    Am living through that now and it aint no garden-party. No, I don't suppose that it's all sweetness and light for her either but, for you women out there who are yet to go through that, try to consider your man eh? and yes I know it's tough for you, although just how tough, thankfully, I shall NEVER know.

dither, there should be a support group for men who silently suffer, yet still endure. My wife was just as surprised that she had heard so little and how women as a rule don't mention it. She became a champion for others going through the process, letting them know they weren't going crazy and that it has happened to others.

I started to write a humor piece about it, menopause through the eyes of a man but never finished it. I will have to figure out how to work it into one of the prompts here someday.

Stay strong brother...you have my sympathy and support.
    God hates a coward Revelation 21:8

“Good writin' ain't necessarily good readin'.”

Ken Kesey,

To encourage and facilitate "me"

Blog Entries
    Happy new year to everyone. So for this new year I have made a couple of changes to our non-fiction challenge; one there will no longer be a monthly prompt or voting, this in turn means that the writing deadline begins on the 1st of each month and continues to the 27th of each month. I hope this helps more of you to be able to enter.

So without further or do January's challenge: Literacy Criticism, is now open. Pick a piece of literature, and show us what you can do. I look forward to reading your entry.

Entry threads will be posted on Saturday, however writing can begin...

Blog Entries
    Does the literature have to be fiction, or can it be non-fiction as well?

Also, should we encourage people to discuss and suggest potential prompts here in the diner? Of course there's no guarantee that suggestions will be used, but it might give you some ideas of what people would be interested in.

"Here's to you as good as you are, and here's to me as bad as I am.
    As bad as I am, and as good as you are, I'm as good as you are as bad as I am."

-an old Scottish toast

Blog Entries
    Hi Smith it can be either fiction or non fiction, your choice. Of course prompt ideas can be discussed here, even if they will be used or not, however there will be no voting.

Blog Entries
    So guys we are now 9 days into January's challenge. Good luck to all who wish to enter and remember the deadline for submission is 27th January.

For the open challenge thread please post here here.

Or the closed challenge thread please post here.

Happy writing...

Also I am still looking for two fellow judges so if you think that could be you please let me know.

Blog Entries
    Only 16 days until the end of January's challenge, how are our entries coming along? Good luck to all who wish to enter and remember the deadline for submission is 27th January.

For the open challenge thread please post here here.

Or the closed challenge thread please post here.

Happy writing...

Also I am still looking for two fellow judges so if you think that could be you please let me know.

Blog Entries
    Get your entry in guys, we have our first entrant into January's challenge. Woop Woop.

You have until the 27th so don't be late and I look forward to reading your entry.

P.s I also need some judges if you don't fancy entering, message me or drop a mesage here.

Happy writing.

I just realised that I wrote a film critique when I was supposed to be reviewing a book, which is slightly embarrassing ...

Blog Entries
    It's not up to me, but while you might not have written about a book, you still wrote a critique about a *story*. I think you should be fine.
    Last edited by Smith; Yesterday at 02:15 AM.

"Here's to you as good as you are, and here's to me as bad as I am.
    As bad as I am, and as good as you are, I'm as good as you are as bad as I am."

-an old Scottish toast

Blog Entries
    During my studies I have had to review and analyse films and scripts, so will allow films to be used in place of book.

We have two entries so far...how's your entry shaping up?

Remember you have 12 days remaining.

Happy writing.