Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111113114115116117118119120121
Results 1,201 to 1,209 of 1209

Thread: The Roadhouse Diner

Blog Entries
    So i hope you have your heads bent over the keyboards as here are the entry threads for November's challenge. Have fun and I look forward to seeing your entry.

workshop thread find here

Open thread find here

Blog Entries
    Good evening everyone,

We will be taking a break over December, due to how busy we can all get at this time of year and we will see non fiction return in the new year. So feel free to add any prompt suggestions here in the roadhouse dinner for January.

Sorry for any disappointment.

I had my entry mostly completed but, yes, I got busy. I'm planning a trip and I did the Thanksgiving dinner at our house. It was modest (by our usual standards) but I'm the main cook and that meant lots of work for me.
    thisWomanCodes
    A twice-weekly programming blog
    Infield Singles: Baseball Poems myFoodWeek.com
    A weekly menu for a family of four
    Eclectica: Genre Poetry

Blog Entries
    I had a real tough time with the topic and did not come up with a story idea until it was too late.
    God hates a coward Revelation 21:8

“Good writin' ain't necessarily good readin'.”

Ken Kesey,

To encourage and facilitate "me"

I also had a tough time with the prompt: It's supposed to happen to other people...

and seven days was not quite long enough.

I look forward to January's challenge
    Check Out Our Members' Creative Works on <FLASHES of BRILLIANCE>

We will be taking a break over December, due to how busy we can all get at this time of year and we will see non fiction return in the new year. So feel free to add any prompt suggestions here in the roadhouse dinner for January.
    Here are some prompt suggestions for January:

I remember like it was yesterday . . .

My adventures on a school bus ...

Profile a humanitarian current athlete or team (i.e. http://www.kansascity.com/news/state/kansas/article187707833.html ...
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    No, I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone for your feedback, I am thinking of extending the writing time from January onwards to allow more time, and I am going to have the prompt vote results visable through out voting period to give entrants as much time as I can. I hope to see you all return in the new year, and like Sue don't forget to get your prompt suggestion in.

Blog Entries
    I don't know who else struggled with this prompt, but I honestly could not think of a single thing that happened to me that should have happened. I pretty much go with the idea you get what you deserve in life, and I wouldn't wish my bad luck on anyone.

However, the day before the contest ended, I did come up with something in life that I would have gladly passed on to another. I did not deserve and it was un-expected. When my wife went through menopause, she went from being Mary Popins to someone I did not know nor want to know. Thank God that after 4 very long years that hormones got back to normal and I got my Mary Popins back again. I have no idea why my parents and grandparents never told me what I was in for. That was my story :}
    God hates a coward Revelation 21:8

“Good writin' ain't necessarily good readin'.”

Ken Kesey,

To encourage and facilitate "me"

Plastic, many women struggle during that time in their lives and I'm glad to hear that everything is now back to normal. Everyone is different, has a different experience. Good for you both for getting through it.
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    No, I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.