Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103105106107108109110111112113
Results 1,121 to 1,125 of 1125

Thread: The Roadhouse Diner

Blog Entries
    SO everyone August's challenge has now begun check out the challenge thread here: https://www.writingforums.com/thread...rips-Challenge

This is the last month that the challenge will be using this story telling format and will be returning to a more non-fiction challenge in September/October so if you wish to enter this challenge then this is the month to do it before I implement my changes. Good luck to all who enter.

Congratulations to Smith and all participants - well done, well written. I especially wanted to comment on Bob Brown's piece on Dale Carnegie. I read the book also, and it really did change my life for the better - no one forced me to read it though, as I knew I needed it. I was a loner, and I suppose an introvert; the book combined with the classes gave me the self-confidence I needed to come out of my shell.

After the experience I no longer had a problem with public speaking; I became a joiner and it helped advance me in my career. I definitely recommend the book and the classes - to many they may sound dull and boring, for me they were anything but.

Thanks, Bob, for a stirring tale.
    "The blind may be leading the blind, but the seeing have been leading the seeing for years without any visible results."

"We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Walt Kelly's Pogo

"Put brain in gear before putting mouth in motion."

Anon (as far as I know)

"If you climb upon your high horse, don't be surprised if you get bucked off."

Midnightpoet (as far as I know)

Blog Entries
    I've been masochistically keeping track of the scores. HarperCole won with 73. My piece has 71.

Despite how I'm overly-competitive to a fault, if there's one thing that's worse than my absolutely-positively extreme, blood-boiling frustration right now, it'd be the guilt of knowing I was mistakenly handed the victory and didn't say anything; that guilt lasts a lifetime, which is a lot longer than a few weeks of letting my nuclear reactors cool. Not going to sit idly by in an attempt to cheat somebody out of what they've earned through merit.

Fraud is the worst category of sin in Dante's Inferno.

Harper's Scores

Sebald: 17
    Esc: 20
    Jamboree: 18
    Brown: 18

Total: 73

My Scores

Sebald: 19
    Esc: 16
    Jamboree: 19
    Brown: 17

Total: 71
    Last edited by Smith; August 13th, 2017 at 06:53 PM.

I stopped living like there's no tomorrow
    because I always woke up sad and disappointed.

Blog Entries
    So it is.
    Sorry guys I miss calculated my scores. I really should not count when drunk. Hahaha. I will edit my winners post

Blog Entries
    Ok guys and gals if you didn't know or had missed it August' challenge is up and running and don't forget it's the last time we will be using the story tellers format. Looking forward to reading this months entries already. Good luck to all.