Portrait of a Pharaoh Photo-Manipulation

Thread: Portrait of a Pharaoh Photo-Manipulation

Portrait of a Pharaoh Photo-Manipulation

This is a photo-manipulation I created using Pharaoh Tutankhamun's famous sarcophagus mask and the beautiful Kenyan actress Lupita Nyong'o (who has a role in the upcoming movie 12 Years a Slave). I intended this to represent a character from my own imagination, but now that I think about it, it could pass off as a portrait of one of the historical female Pharaohs of ancient Egypt (e.g. Hatshepsut or Sobekneferu). I had some trouble recoloring the sarcophagus mask's ears to match Lupita's skin tone but I like how everything else came out.

Nice! I probably wouldn't have noticed the ears if you hadn't pointed it out.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

I like it. I agree with Gumby, I too wouldn't have noticed the ears if you had not brought attention to them.

I would have given you a 'like' but the option is not there to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    I like it. I agree with Gumby, I too wouldn't have noticed the ears if you had not brought attention to them.

I would have given you a 'like' but the option is not there to do so.
    You can add to a user's reputation by clicking on the dark star symbol that appears on the bottom of posts next to "Blog this Post", I believe.

lol, I noticed the ears right away. I still love it, though.