Interview With Your Antagonist - Page 3

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interview With Your Antagonist

I dun't wanna let this thread die!

1. Do you have any close friends?
    A few. Allies of my cause, but in essence they're just necessary parts of my plans. So not very close, I suppose.

2. How long have you been working on your plan?
    I started planning five years ago and recruited most of my manpower and began building a year after that. Now, it's finally in motion.

3. What made you decide on your current path?
    We were once the greatest people in the galaxy, but our newest leader is ushering in reform that makes us allies with the humans. Makes us weak. I must dethrone her and restore our dominance.

4. Do you have or want children?
    No.

5. What is your ultimate goal?
    Restore the Empire to it's former glory and eradicate the impure races, such as humanity.

Next Questions:
    1. Who is (s)he? Why do you love/hate him/her?
    2. If you could change one aspect of yourself what would it be?
    3. Would you rather rule the world or find happiness in love, and why?
    4. Aside from water, is there a food or drink you cannot go one day without?
    5. What is your most redeeming quality?
    If you ever need a second set of eyes on your work, PM me for a critique! I'm happy to help Hidden Content

1. Who is (s)he? Why do you love/hate him/her?

Riley Neufhaven, President of the Ferro Multiplanetary Corporation. I have to admire his practical nature and cunning.
    Lord of the Abyss, Belial. He is the Lord of Flies and I HATE bugs.

2. If you could change one aspect of yourself what would it be?
    Several, I would add several pounds of muscle in appropriate places. I would return my body to its youthful vigor.
    I would also be change this form to properly reflect my greatness.

3. Would you rather rule the world or find happiness in love, and why?
    There is no question in my mind that it is in my nature to rule. As such, I will offer up my personal relationships to the altar of destiny to lead people in the right direction.
    As is my due for the humiliation done to me in the past.

4. Aside from water, is there a food or drink you cannot go one day without?
    There is a drink our division in the Serrano system developed. It is made of some local fruit. It is light and refreshing not to mention energizing. I'm sure I can give you a free sample.
    Though, I suppose supping on the beleaguered souls of the damned can never truly be replaced, huh?
    5. What is your most redeeming quality?

My flexibility, I suppose. While I've been taking classes to keep the old joints limber I think it's my willingness to bend over backwards for my people that's really kept me in shape all these years.
    It would be my ability to know I shall outlast all others. After all, I am the Lord of Carrion and in the end thus even the husk of the universe shall sustain me.

Heh, I couldn't resist a little fun with this. Highlight for his second face.

1. What were your young years like?
    2. Any favorite music types or musicians?
    3. What personal bad habits have you been accused of?
    4. Where did you lose your virginity?
    5. Can you lend me a couple bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral_One View Post
    Heh, I couldn't resist a little fun with this. Highlight for his second face.
    I love the highlight for his second face feature, that was cool, One!

I'm jumping back in here because A) I love this thread and B) I'm literally sitting down to write a part with this character and I want to get into his head a moment...

1. What were your young years like?
    Oh, I was a veteran in the pre-contact wars, you know? But, God had a plan for me that took us to the losing end of that war and into exile in space, where I served as a lowly logistics officer for most of my life aboard our great ark.

2. Any favorite music types or musicians?
    The cantors in my flock do a fine job of resurrecting great songs from our ancestry.

3. What personal bad habits have you been accused of?
    I suppose people say I am zealous, but that to me is a compliment. The pious, the righteous, and the pure are always strong in their convictions. God demands this level of devotion, and to say it is a bad habit is... insulting and offensive.

4. Where did you lose your virginity?
    My life began when I accepted the Trinity with God at its peak. Before that life, I found love in the barren wastes of the warzone called Earth... but that is, as I said, another life.

5. Can you lend me a couple bucks?
    God, and the Trinity's Son have spoken of the wickedness of wealth. I suggest you make peace with yourself and accept the Trinity... only then will you know true happiness.

Next Questions:
    1. What is the defining moment of your life so far and why?
    2. If you could vacation anywhere, name that place and why.
    3. What is your favorite/most used piece of technology?
    4. What is your fondest childhood memory?
    5. Why are you...?
    If you ever need a second set of eyes on your work, PM me for a critique! I'm happy to help Hidden Content

Bishop. I like your character, he/she seems perfectly moderate and rational (something which is quite rare in antagonists, I think) but you can tell there's a hint of sensationalism and perhaps something unhinged about them when they speak of God. They don't come across as "evil for the sake of being evil" and clearly has a rational motivation for their actions (rational to them perhaps, maybe not others who don't share their beliefs). Good job, sounds like a good antagonist there.

1) I faced the one who raised me after all these years and in her eyes I saw it, I saw I was a man to be feared and respected, but most importantly, I was a man who never looked away.

2) The day I vacate anywhere is the day I won't be fit for anything.

3) Every piece of technology in existence is my favourite. Whether it's good or bad, big or small, expensive or cheap, none of that matters. What it represents is what matters. It represents the advancement of our kind, don't you see. It is the very reason I am fighting, killing and no doubt one day, will be dying. It is the epitome of our existence and the thing that sets us apart from every other living being. Those who would try and stop this must be stopped themselves.

4) When Samuel explained to me what the Moon and the Sun were. That is my fondest memory and will continue to be so. I'm not sure even victory itself could replace that which is my only treasure.

5) Speak up you fool.

1) Who would say you're a tyrant and why?

2) Would you rather die a hero or live as a coward?

3) What is your favourite piece of literature?

4) What is your first memory of death?

5) Is there anything more important than your objective?
    Apple Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Ice View Post
    1) Who would say you're a tyrant and why?

2) Would you rather die a hero or live as a coward?

3) What is your favourite piece of literature?

4) What is your first memory of death?

5) Is there anything more important than your objective?
    Since the villain in my book changed when I went back by 30k words, I wanted to come in here again to get into the mindset of the new one.

1) Tyranny is an alien concept, one that does not understand the dichotomy of the colony and the ruling caste. There is only a command structure where one is needed, nothing more, nothing less.

2) I will die as all of my compatriots have before me, in service or defense of the colony and its growth. Cowards, as they are called, were rooted out of our society some time ago.

3) Tklkcalk's "Understanding Genetics". Its rudimentary observations about the genetic structure of certain aliens has been a benchmark of the scientific community since its publishing, despite the fact that some of the specifics are a little dated.

4) I remember very vividly the first time I was given control of the organic re-processor. They fed a few humans into the machine and I was given reign to throw the switch, despite being only a larvae. Ah, youth.

5) No.

Next Questions:
    1) What is your weapon/tactic of choice?
    2) Who are you willing to die for, and why?
    3) Where are you from?
    4) Describe your perfect Sunday.
    5) How do you dress?

Blog Entries
    this is a very old villan, and he manages to be the proantagonist and the antagonist in the same novel! I find him a bit cliched now, but he still holds a certain place in my heart
    1) (weapon or tactic of choice) Firepower, probably. That, or just running. I don't have too much to fight for, really.
    2) (who are you willing to die for, and why?) Jack. I'd rather you didn't turn that into anything it's not. He saved my life, I owe him that much. Maybe Tarquin, he helped too. I don't know.
    3) (where are you from?) Venezuela, technically. I flew here from South Bronx.
    4) (describe your perfect Sunday) Probably a good long fly with Tarquin. He can't talk. That's my ideal of a perfect traveling companion.
    5) (how do you dress?) Trousers, dress shirts. Anything Jack gives me, I'm not picky.

(edit: accidentally entered without new questions! )
    1) do you consider yourself good or evil?
    2) what is your favorite animal and why?
    3) what is your daily routine? if you don't have one, what do you think it should be?
    4) where were you born?
    5) what is your biggest pet peeve?
    Must be Thursday. Never could get the hang of Thursdays. -Arthur Dent

From the perspective of Stutton, who is not the main antagonist, but one all the same.
    1) I don't believe in those. I know, I know, a lot of people say that, but I'm serious. If someone kills me, I'll just kill them back. Well, I can't, because I'll be dead, but you get the idea.
    2) Do people count? If so, anyone who'll fight back!
    3) I guess I just be captain, and wish I didn't have to follow orders, but then where would the war go?
    4) Eh, some moon named after some old guy. We had a sort of skateboarder club to try to shake off the totalitarian regime. Well, it wasn't exactly a club.
    5) Peacemakers. They're like, "nope, sorry, too nice to give you a little fun."

1) What is something you want to know, or know more about?
    2) What is something that happened to you that changed your life forever?
    3) How do you see yourself?
    4) Who do you admire?
    5) What kind of music do you like?

Blog Entries
    1. The power I hold. All power.

2.My discovery of Red Power. The Blue Order was wrong to forbid it.

3. I am powerful. I shall never again be bullied. I am the Red King! The worlds shall follow my Red Destiny.

4. I admired Tara, my love. But she held me back. Now I admire Reina, and she will be my Red Queen.

5. I must say, I avpid music nowadays. It's a distraction from Red Destiny. I must forget her.
    Have you ever had Jesus sleep over?

Blog Entries
    Oh, sorry

1. What, to you, is the point of life?
    2. How do you feel about emotion?
    3. Do you consider yourself to be a strong person?
    4. What is 1+1?
    5. What is your fsv weapon?
    Have you ever had Jesus sleep over?

(antagonist from Where do the Dead Boys Go? [in progress])

1. What, to you, is the point of life?
    I ain't the one to be askin' about life, kid.
    2. How do you feel about emotion? I dunno. It does some good, an' it does some harm, same as everythin'.
    3. Do you consider yourself to be a strong person? If you're considerin' me a person, then yes. No one escapes me, exceptin' a few miracles, and no one but God himself has beaten me yet.
    4. What is 1+1? Seems all you people do is ask questions you already know the answer to.
    5. What is your fsv (*fav?) weapon? Weapons? Who the hell do you think I am?

(Next questions)

​1. What are you most afraid of?
    2. What reminds you of home?
    3. How do you think other people view you?
    4. What is something you really enjoy?
    5. What are you dreams like?

"So long is the way to the unknown, long is the way we have come. . ." ~ Turisas, Five Hundred and One

"[An artist is] an idiot babbling through town. . .crying, 'Dreams, dreams for sale! Two for a kopek, two for a song; if you won't buy them, just take them for free!'" ~ Michael O' Brien,
    Sophia House

Christ is risen from the dead,
    trampling on Death by death,
    And on those in the tombs,
    lavishing light.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast