Random Photography - Page 2

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Random Photography

Port Dalhousie, not far from Niagara-on-the-Lake, one of my favourite places in the world, if I didn't live in England, I could quite happily live there. The best cup of tea I ever had was in The Olde English Tea Shoppe in Niagara-on-the-Lake. I am a coffee drinker, but the tea was so good that I had 2 pots along with scones, strawberry jam and clotted cream. I asked where they got the clotted cream, they said they had it flown in twice a week from Cornwall, now that's what I call attention to detail!
    A man in possession of a wooden spoon must be in want of a pot to stir.

Some dog's know when they have a shot. Some don't...

It's not all black and white...

Getting in Tune

Dirt Band
    MJ Preston is an Author and Artist at Large who hails from Canada.
    He is the author of the novels: THE EQUINOX, ACADIA EVENT, HIGHWAYMAN Book One, and numerous short stories and articles.Hidden Content To learn more: visit: Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

He is the author of the novels: THE EQUINOX, ACADIA EVENT, HIGHWAYMAN Book One, and numerous short stories and articles.Hidden Content To learn more: visit: Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

"Some dogs know when they have a shot, Some don't..." - Too funny Great caption.

I went to a local watering hole in Edmonton called: Blues on Whyte and snapped these shots. I decided to go a little artsy with them.

Pillar of sound and pain

The 11 Man

Sleek Baby Blue

Pink smoke

Rusty Revolution

Hidden Content

Selfie

Train at Whyte Avenue in Edmonton Alberta
    Hidden Content

I like the central figures/objects in colour on a B&W ...HOW do you do that? It gives the pic so much impact...great work ( as usual )
    Life's too short to drink bad wine or eat indifferent cheese

Love the perspective in that second shot, Mark. Good selfie, too, you look quite happy.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Quote Originally Posted by Dunluchyn View Post
    I like the central figures/objects in colour on a B&W ...HOW do you do that? It gives the pic so much impact...great work ( as usual )
    The way I've done it is to select the bit/s to stay in colour, invert the selection, then desaturate the inverted selection; finish by polishing (fine blurring) the selection edges. Another way is to superimpose the coloured bits onto a desaturated copy of the same image and save the result; the first and last steps are the same. Either way, it needs good eye-mouse coordination to carefully trace the selection outline.
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

Blog Entries
    Much enjoyed!