Serious Case of Sock Puppetry: Member Banned - Page 7

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Case of Sock Puppetry: Member Banned

I wish I'd seen the thread where he was agreeing with himself... Could have been arguing with himself I guess which would have been more worrying. There's got to be a story in there somewhere... Or at least fuel for paranoid delusions.

Maybe ALL the mods and admins are actually the same person, and we're just pawns in their twisted game... Or maybe ALL of you members are all the same person, and I'm the only real member here, trapped in a forum-based form of the Truman show... Eeeek!! Time for my tin foil hat

In all seriousness, well done to the staff for taking action. It's good to know cheating and deception is dealt with.

Maybe ALL the mods and admins are actually the same person, and we're just pawns in their twisted game... Or maybe ALL of you members are all the same person, and I'm the only real member here, trapped in a forum-based form of the Truman show... Eeeek!! Time for my tin foil hat
    Yes, this is the truth. You have caught us.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content & Hidden Content
    Hidden Content First Novel & Hidden Content
    Hidden Content studio42photography.com
    "Read with hunger, write with joy, and live with passion."

I remember Hemlock. I remember being very hurt by their seeming wins in the poetry challenges and further hurt when the truth came out. It is very disappointing to work so hard on something and to find out that the contest was pretty much nullified because of someone cheating.

As as someone who's been hurt by sock puppetry I'm very glad of the measures this forum takes against it and I appreciate all the hard work the staff does.

What better way to win than stacking the odds in your favor? I'm reminded of when my son was in primary... the kids had all kinds of rules where, in handball, you weren't out when you were out. They would invent all these 'escape clauses'... that was only a onesy... no, that's a take-over, too... the kids that came up with the most creative/blatant 'cheat codes' were rewarded. They all followed the rules... the problem was the rules were instantly changed every time someone didn't like the results... I'm not out because...
    Last edited by Kevin; April 23rd, 2014 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    what better way to win than stacking the odds in your favor? I'm reminded of when my son was in primary... the kids had all kinds of rules where, in handball, you weren't out when you were out. They would invent all these 'escape clauses'... that was only a onesy... no, that's a take-over, too... the kids that came up with the most creative/blatant 'cheat codes' were rewarded. They all followed the rules... the problem was the rules were instantly changed every time someone didn't like the results... I'm not out because...

I'm not out cause...well I'm cool like that.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Bowman View Post
    Wow. Who on Earth has time to create ten accounts? Someone with WAY too much time on their hands methinks.

I have enough trouble keeping up with what I say on just ONE account.

Sheesh.

I was thinking that he had to introduce himself 10 times in the new members section, that must have been difficult to come up with that many new intros that were not redundant.

Wow....just blown away...some peoples children.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    What better way to win than stacking the odds in your favor? I'm reminded of when my son was in primary... the kids had all kinds of rules where, in handball, you weren't out when you were out. They would invent all these 'escape clauses'... that was only a onesy... no, that's a take-over, too... the kids that came up with the most creative/blatant 'cheat codes' were rewarded. They all followed the rules... the problem was the rules were instantly changed every time someone didn't like the results... I'm not out because...
    I reckon anyone who has worked with the public comes up against the same thing sometime, there will always be someone who says 'You are not doing your job properly'. It can be because you are refusing to sell them alcohol without ID or telling them they are not eligible for a council house and it does not matter that you are doing it by the book, you are not giving them the result they want so they want the rules changed. It isn't just kids, some people never grow up.
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Goepner View Post
    Let me get this straight. 10 accounts, to gain votes in a a place that has no outside influance...
    Well, no outside influence beyond 700 to 1000 outsiders looking into the forum every day.
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

Never underestimate a person's capacity to crave something they cannot otherwise obtain. I once witnessed a mate cheating on a friendly game of Texas hold 'em. The only thing on the line was pride -- and he couldn't accept not winning.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.