Serious Case of Sock Puppetry: Member Banned - Page 6

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Case of Sock Puppetry: Member Banned

Wow. Who on Earth has time to create ten accounts? Someone with WAY too much time on their hands methinks.

I have enough trouble keeping up with what I say on just ONE account.

Sheesh.
    “Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.” -Carl Sagan

Real courage is found, not in the willingness to risk death, but in the willingness to stand, alone if necessary, against the ignorant and disapproving herd. --Jon Roland, 1976

Have you checked out the Hidden Content

Founder of the Pantsers United Group and member of the Fantasy Lords Group

"Life is composed of lights and shadows, and we would be untruthful,
    insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Bowman View Post
    Wow. Who on Earth has time to create ten accounts? Someone with WAY too much time on their hands methinks.

I have enough trouble keeping up with what I say on just ONE account.

Sheesh.
    I did the sock-puppet thing in a baseball league I was in. It didn't gain me any advantage--it gave me extra work. It was a role-playing league so basically, I had more characters to keep track of. I did have way too much time on my hands. I have about 20 legacy blogs of fictitious players on Wordpress from the various leagues I was in.
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

I always gasp, truly gasp, like out loud when I see a banned member. I get it, but I still gasp. Recognition is an important thing in life, so much so
    character can be comprised. It's a terrible temptation and the motives while not right might not be so wrong. I'm just sorry to see it is all.
    Those little medals are awfully pretty, all lined up in a row, I guess some grow weak, they want it, really want it, we all get that too.
    [I]"The world stands out on either side No wider than the heart is wide;
    Above the world is stretched the sky, No higher than the soul is high.
    The heart can push the sea and land Farther away on either hand;
    The soul can split the sky in two, And let the face of God shine through.
    But East and West will pinch the heart That can not keep them pushed apart;
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky -- Will cave in on him by and by."
    [/I]

i've done some very strange things in my time and i think why did i do that!!!!...for me its hard to judge people and there actions at times because i've done like i say some odd things in the past..i woulkd let him/her apologise and give him another chance.
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    .i woulkd let him/her apologise and give him another chance.
    How many last chances does anyone need? Or even second chances?
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

astro....its a fine line i know..but who knows the true story..maybe the person just wants to feel there appreciated or maybe they suffer with something..for me i've learned in life never to judge people...i have people in my life that will not talk to me because of my actions in the past !!!
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Blog Entries
    That was off topic, sorry.
    Last edited by dither; April 22nd, 2014 at 05:51 PM.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    I always gasp, truly gasp, like out loud when I see a banned member. I get it, but I still gasp. Recognition is an important thing in life, so much so
    character can be comprised. It's a terrible temptation and the motives while not right might not be so wrong. I'm just sorry to see it is all.
    Those little medals are awfully pretty, all lined up in a row, I guess some grow weak, they want it, really want it, we all get that too.
    I understand what you mean, and yes, it would be nice to extend the compassionate society ideal to all things. However, there are times when compassion to one means unfairness to many. In society, we see this when awards, honours and degrees are stripped from those found cheating; we see it when someone who is a danger to others is removed and secured.

Those in the know will tell you we have, do, and will, offer second chances and more where we hold some hope of understanding on the member's part; sometimes to the wonder of others, and often we are asked why we waited so long before taking the final step of permanent banning. The converse is also true; some are honestly surprised at a particular banning. And that too, is understandable.
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Cran View Post
    I understand what you mean, and yes, it would be nice to extend the compassionate society ideal to all things. However, there are times when compassion to one means unfairness to many. In society, we see this when awards, honours and degrees are stripped from those found cheating; we see it when someone who is a danger to others is removed and secured.

Those in the know will tell you we have, do, and will, offer second chances and more where we hold some hope of understanding on the member's part; sometimes to the wonder of others, and often we are asked why we waited so long before taking the final step of permanent banning. The converse is also true; some are honestly surprised at a particular banning. And that too, is understandable.
    Yes I understand. Compassion can be the rule but not change the rules. You are a fair person, wise, I trust that. There is reason why you are where you are and who you are, I trust that too. Thank you Cran.
    [I]"The world stands out on either side No wider than the heart is wide;
    Above the world is stretched the sky, No higher than the soul is high.
    The heart can push the sea and land Farther away on either hand;
    The soul can split the sky in two, And let the face of God shine through.
    But East and West will pinch the heart That can not keep them pushed apart;
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky -- Will cave in on him by and by."
    [/I]