Serious Case of Sock Puppetry: Member Banned - Page 4

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Case of Sock Puppetry: Member Banned

In spite of new members making the declaration that they have read and will abide by the Rules, the message still doesn't seem to be getting through. Therefore, it bears repeating:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cran View Post
    Multiple Accounts: Multiple accounts (sock puppets) are not permitted. Only sign up for one account. If you share a computer or internet connection with a room mate or partner, please inform us or we may suspect you of having duplicate accounts and all but one will be deleted.

I also remind our members that this discussion is not taking place in the Lounge - please keep to the topic.
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

I don't have any roommates or anything like that, but for the benefit of anyone who would read this:

How would we notify you guys?

Just PM a staff member(s)?

If so, which staff member(s)?
    As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence. - Benjamin Franklin

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence
    consists in breaking the enemys resistance without fighting. - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by JosephB View Post
    This is even worse than another notorious member who was banned for having multiple user names. Directly afterward, I realized there had been a thread where he had been having a rather congratulatory conversation in which he was wholeheartedly agreeing with himself. It really does take all kinds.
    As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence. - Benjamin Franklin

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence
    consists in breaking the enemys resistance without fighting. - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptex View Post
    I don't have any roommates or anything like that, but for the benefit of anyone who would read this:

How would we notify you guys?

Just PM a staff member(s)?

If so, which staff member(s)?
    The fastest way would be to PM one of admin team (red, blue).
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

Blog Entries
    Let me get this straight. 10 accounts, to gain votes in a a place that has no outside influance. Meaning there is no way for them to brag how well They did to get published. Actually no way to prove it if they did.

Or am I wrong, does this place hold such prestige that the publishers will come asking for credentials. If so let me sign up for a twenty pack. LOL. ROTFL. I mean it was not noted in the search I did to find this place. I feel cheated.

Good work catching the culprit. I still cannot fathom why they did it, what did they think to gain?

To be fair, it would be a reasonable assumption that it could go down as a publishing credit. As I currently don't have a great deal to put on my writing CV, I mention that I moderate on a writing forum. No reason why, if you're proud of it, you can't use a win on here as writing history for your CV.

Blog Entries
    Strange goings on.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

I hate sock puppets, especially when they're created for trolling, or cheating. Good work men (and women)!
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

Blog Entries
    I'd never heard the term until reading of it here, is it an Americanism?
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    I'd never heard the term until reading of it here, is it an Americanism?
    Might be, it was my first time too.
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...