Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718

Thread: Serious Case of Sock Puppetry: Member Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hairball View Post
    I'm known as Pookie on my political forum. I have two email addresses; one for bills and business, and one for personal/friends/family stuff.

Bruno and Vinnie have two email addresses as well. One for friends/family stuff, and one for knee-breaking contracts.
    could i have the knee-braking e-mail.....
    The only one who can heal you is you.

We don't really care what you guys do on other forums, though I would encourage you to abide by whatever rules they have. What's the sense in getting yourself banned from anywhere?

"Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."
    ~Will Rogers

On the site for the distributed computing team I started, we always did our best to make sure that people who had an account there had only one. It didn't matter that it wasn't a writing site, or political, or anything but a bunch of people getting together to discuss geek and not so geek things.

The fact that sock puppets, or even multiple accounts in ANY form aren't accepted here goes a long way toward creating the environment of respect that is so evident here.

People are much more respectful when they know that they won't have another account to fall back on should one get banned.
    “Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.” -Carl Sagan

Real courage is found, not in the willingness to risk death, but in the willingness to stand, alone if necessary, against the ignorant and disapproving herd. --Jon Roland, 1976

Have you checked out the COLORS OF FICTION CHALLENGE?

Founder of the Pantsers United Group and member of the Fantasy Lords Group

"Life is composed of lights and shadows, and we would be untruthful,
    insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    could i have the knee-braking e-mail.....
    LOL! Sure. It's Bruno&Vinnie@MafiaKneeBreakingAnd Disappearing People.com.

Quote Originally Posted by J Anfinson View Post
    We don't really care what you guys do on other forums, though I would encourage you to abide by whatever rules they have. What's the sense in getting yourself banned from anywhere?
    I was temp-banned for two days at my political forum. The Admin made a mistake and clicked Pookie instead of someone else. It was funny, because the member kept posting and I was gone. He panicked, called me on the phone, and profusely apologized and un banned me.

Moral of the story: Banning and whiskey often don't mix too well. Ooops!

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Bowman View Post
    On the site for the distributed computing team I started, we always did our best to make sure that people who had an account there had only one. It didn't matter that it wasn't a writing site, or political, or anything but a bunch of people getting together to discuss geek and not so geek things.

The fact that sock puppets, or even multiple accounts in ANY form aren't accepted here goes a long way toward creating the environment of respect that is so evident here.

People are much more respectful when they know that they won't have another account to fall back on should one get banned.
    I agree. We're also more respectful after getting our tails kicked by a nasty moderator who finally gets HIS tail perma-banned! I'm Hairball here, Hairball in political forum #1, and Pookie in political forum #2. I use a version of my real name in a Christian forum, though, but that's super-private and it's local here.

I work, volunteer, cook, maintain our corner of heaven on earth (our home), take care of 8 cats (one of which needs special care because she's a diabetic), one big dog, play guitar and piano, and make feeble attempts at writing. Who the heck in this house has time for sock puppets?

I hope no one took my post about all those sock puppets and the knee-breakers seriously. Gaaahhhhhh...I even have the same password for each forum just to keep it simple!

Destroyed!? What a criminal waste of good cotton. One can never have too many socks. Jiggling eyes and button noses aside.

I can't see why one would cheat to get a medal. Looking at it would just remind them that they didn't have the skill to win without foul play. If there were cash prizes, on the other hand...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Penless View Post
    Destroyed!? What a criminal waste of good cotton. One can never have too many socks. Jiggling eyes and button noses aside.

I can't see why one would cheat to get a medal. Looking at it would just remind them that they didn't have the skill to win without foul play. If there were cash prizes, on the other hand...
    It never ceases to amaze me.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Penless View Post
    ...I can't see why one would cheat to get a medal. Looking at it would just remind them that they didn't have the skill to win without foul play. If there were cash prizes, on the other hand...
    The minds of sociopaths are hard for most of us to fathom. Some people just love the thrill of "putting one over" on folks. And if we're too "stupid" to realize we're being duped, too bad for us, they say.
    Lying actually is a skill in itself. But you don't get awards for that. Unless you're a politician.
    "Can't or Won't?"