Serious Case of Sock Puppetry: Member Banned - Page 10

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Serious Case of Sock Puppetry: Member Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cran View Post
    A collection of Canadian "members" appeared, and proceeded to annoy a lot of people with remarkably similar styles, interests, and arrogance. It turned out that that all of them were forced by poverty or circumstance to share the same two computers.
    Before anyone asks, yes, they are Canadian too, but no, I don't know who he/she/they were.

Yesh, a country of 30 million and everyone things we're in a tight little pod -.-

In all seriousness, good work on rooting these individuals out and informing the rest of us in a timely manner. I was beginning to wonder why so many Red Shirts had appeared.
    Welcome to WF!
    Feeling lost? Want to connect with experienced members of the forum? Then meet our talented staff of Hidden Content !
    They're always looking to help and advise and don't bite... much...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Faukes View Post
    Before anyone asks, yes, they are Canadian too, but no, I don't know who he/she/they were.

Yesh, a country of 30 million and everyone things we're in a tight little pod -.-

In all seriousness, good work on rooting these individuals out and informing the rest of us in a timely manner. I was beginning to wonder why so many Red Shirts had appeared.
    You mean you don't know Red Green??? How is that possible? It's Canada! If you don't know Red, I'm not sure if anything I know about Canada is valid anymore.
    If I can't go down rockin', then I won't go down at all. - Waylon Jennings.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Faukes View Post

According to the Arrogant Worms, Northern Ontario is like ten million square miles, with a population of 14 ... all called Frank ... including the girl ... she's very popular ...
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

According to the Arrogant Worms, Northern Ontario is like ten million square miles, with a population of 14 ... all called Frank ... including the girl ... she's very popular ...

Hi! I'm Frank and this here is my other Brother--his name be Frank...an over ther is little Frankie--he be my little Brother--we calls hem Frank too..
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ1985 View Post
    You mean you don't know Red Green??? How is that possible? It's Canada! If you don't know Red, I'm not sure if anything I know about Canada is valid anymore.
    Personally? No, but he is the grandfather of all DIYs in our great nation. How else would I have "successfully" replaced my faulty brakes with my hood-opening "air brake"?

I know the other thirteen. And have you seen Frank? She's a hell of a singer.
    Welcome to WF!
    Feeling lost? Want to connect with experienced members of the forum? Then meet our talented staff of Hidden Content !
    They're always looking to help and advise and don't bite... much...

Quote Originally Posted by TJ1985 View Post
    the matter you'd scrape off your shoe in disgust
    they should make that like the title for people who have just 1 green block below their name. kind of a hazing thing. like you have
    4 green blocks so your title is " a jewel in the rough". i have 7 green blocks so i'm "a name known to all". they should make the 1
    block people "the matter you'd scrape off your shoe in disgust". ha ha. that'd be funny.
    "Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.

A collection of Canadian "members" appeared, and proceeded to annoy a lot of people with remarkably similar styles, interests, and arrogance. It turned out that that all of them were forced by poverty or circumstance to share the same two computers.
    In my novel (No joking this time) there is a very important office rule, that every person must be individually distinctive. In other words they must all literally have "ID" to get into the building. As writers we strive to create such characters rather than stereotypes. I doubt that I have succeeded in that novel. If I could do it well enough to fool the administration here with sock-puppets I wouldn't feel the need to be here and if I were that accomplished then maybe my presence would be welcome anyway. Individuality is the most precious commodity here and hopefully every member is truly unique even if not quite down to the level of DNA. We all play many parts in our lives but only one of them needs to come here. As a computer hacker in the most esteemed sense of the term, a person who has learned far more about the technology than was necessary just for the love of it, I dislike others who mar and abuse the facilities that my generation have spent our lifetimes developing. We did this for humanity, not inhumanity. Equally I applaud all those who strive to keep the information highways clear of rubbish. Sweep on gentlemen. Power to your brooms.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Individuality is the most precious commodity here and hopefully every member is truly unique even if not quite down to the level of DNA.
    We have identical twin members?
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.

We did this for humanity, not inhumanity
    deception being one of our greatest traits... or at least most marked (look at me: pseudo-intellectual*snicker*).

You would only find one other account from my computer, and that's my better half. She is also a writer but she is still in that 'I don't want anyone reading my writings! Eeek!' phase. I don't believe she's posted anything yet but we would never vote for each other in any challenges or anything, that's just cheating. I am glad we have moderators who patrol the streets of WF and keep everyone on the up and up! Thank you!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

"He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot." - Douglas Adams