Empress Theresa -- it's on Amazon KINDLE

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Empress Theresa -- it's on Amazon KINDLE

Banned
    Maine - we're here so you don't have to be

Empress Theresa -- it's on Amazon KINDLE

I put Empress Theresa on Amazon KINDLE a couple days ago.

Why?

1. To protect the copyright.

2. I've been sending out detailed synopses and sample chapters to literary agents for some time. The story is out there. I was afraid some hack writer would throw together a cheap imitation of my storyline in a month and beat me to the market at my own game. Not!

3. I have a marketing plan. Theresa is a Catholic. Well, she had to be something, didn't she? Readers will want to know.
    Catholicism is not an issue in the book. No exclusively Catholic ideas are mentioned. Not even the name Jesus is used. When Theresa is being taken to what she believes is her "certain death", she thinks about her reasons for believing in God. Her thoughts are equally applicable to Protestants, Jews, Moslems, and many other religions. So it's not a Catholic book.
    Nevertheless.............
    ...........Empress Theresa is a Catholic priest's dream come true book to recommend to young people. ( If I had made Theresa a Baptist and changed nothing else in the book, Empress Theresa would be a Baptist minister's dream come true book to recommend to young people. If I had made Theresa a Mormon........ etc You get the idea. )
    There are online directories of Catholic parishes and the pastors' names. There's over 22,000 of them in the U.S. I'm sending out snail mail letters to pastors making them aware of the book.
    Did I mention there are 1,150,000,000 Catholics in the world?

I wish you the best of luck.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

As do I.

Be advised though that your character, from what I have read, contradicts some Catholic doctrine I know of. You may want to do further research into different religions to find what Theresa's character and story are most applicable to, else it would seem that the Catholic element of her is just 'tagged on' so to speak, especially if it doesn't quite fit her.
    Sleep is for the weak, or sleep is for a week.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I write about anime and internet culture at Hidden Content

Banned

I wish you the best of luck.
    Thank you Terry.

Cadence wrote:
    As do I.

Be advised though that your character, from what I have read, contradicts some Catholic doctrine I know of. You may want to do further research into different religions to find what Theresa's character and story are most applicable to, else it would seem that the Catholic element of her is just 'tagged on' so to speak, especially if it doesn't quite fit her.

I'm totally mystified by your remarks.
    First of all, no Catholic doctrine is mentioned in the book other than that there is a God which could apply to most of the world's religions.

Second, if the word "Catholic" weren't used in the book, and I edited out brief references about the Cardinal and the Holy Father who never appear "onstage", readers couldn't guess which religion she belonged.
    She could be Episcopalian, Anglican, Methodist, or many other things.

The "Catholic element" isn't tagged on to her since somebody from Nepal or anybody who knew nothing about the Catholic Church would learn nothing about it from the book.
    Theresa is identified as Catholic because the whole book is primarily about Theresa's personality and the potential of the human spirit ( see note ). The amazing events in the story are secondary. So the reader will want to know everything about Theresa including her religion.

( note on "human spirit": after Theresa has been in the Parker mansion near London for a year dealing with the "impossible" problems, she decides it's time to go home. Just before she leaves, her husband Steve pulls the butler, Arthur, aside and gives him a reward for his helping Theresa at a difficult time. He gives him five million dollars in one hundred dollar bills:
    "Don't refuse to take it. To Theresa it's nothing. She wouldn't pick it up off the ground."
    "Thank you, sir."
    "I'll bet you'll hire your own butler, hunh?"
    "No, sir. You have made this house a shrine to the human spirit. I will never leave." )

Sorry, I really can't be bothered to respond to your posts ET. I hope you can find someone else to explain to you the ins and outs of Catholicism.

Banned
    Sorry, I really can't be bothered to respond to your posts ET. I hope you can find someone else to explain to you the ins and outs of Catholicism.

That's a shame, but I've already found somebody else to explain the ins and outs of Catholicism. He's written 1,304 posts over the last nine years on the catholic.com forums mostly in the Philosophy section:
    Philosophy - Catholic Answers Forums

He argues with the atheists and tears their insane claims apart. He explains things to sincere young people who are confused on some point. He knows everything.
    He goes by the nickname "empther".

That is you. Try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by empresstheresa View Post
    That's a shame, but I've already found somebody else to explain the ins and outs of Catholicism. He's written 1,304 posts over the last nine years on the catholic.com forums mostly in the Philosophy section:
    Philosophy - Catholic Answers Forums

He argues with the atheists and tears their insane claims apart. He explains things to sincere young people who are confused on some point. He knows everything.
    He goes by the nickname "empther".
    You clearly conflated fact with opinion quite some time ago. The empress doesn't have any clothes either.
    Based on your description on the product page, I wouldn't buy the thing for a nickel. Your cover looks awful too. And I suspect that the only three degrees you've ever seen had wonderful voices and satiny gowns.
    Last edited by moderan; March 15th, 2013 at 12:01 AM. Reason: strewth
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

I was afraid some hack writer would throw together a cheap imitation of my storyline in a month and beat me to the market at my own game. Not!
    You might be struck by lightning tomorrow and win the lottery on the way home from the hospital. That'd be three events occurring, the odds of each more astronomical than the previous.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

Hackneyed. A pulp plot married to a cynical (and poor) excuse for a business plan. But, as noted, there are billions of delusional dipsticks out and about. If it can somehow connect with the "Left Behind" sort of extreme dimbulb audience it might actually succeed. That would be a damn shame, as it would encourage more "literature" of this type.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast