Empress Theresa -- it's on Amazon KINDLE - Page 8

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Empress Theresa -- it's on Amazon KINDLE

Banned
    Maine - we're here so you don't have to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple Ice View Post
    I'm a teenager and so therefore the target audience i believe. After reading through the comments this book has great appeal to me simply due to it being notorious now. I would very much like to read it and give it a fair review, not taking in to account anything said on here. Although I'm afraid I'm old school and don't have a Kindle. Is there any way to read it without one?
    Apple Ice,
    You are the target audience in the sense that it's mostly the young that buy books about the young, with notable exceptions of course,
    but Empress Theresa didn't start out as a Young Adult novel. Originally it was 155 pages longer and contained material that would only be of interest to older people. ( Things like the speed of an SR-71 Blackbird, the geneology of Theresa's family back to an Irish immigrant in the 1870s, etc ) Then, after reading the Hunger Games books eleven months ago, I realized ET screamed to be a young adult novel.
    However, the between-the-lines meanings and themes are all still there for anybody who wants to dig for them.

Empress Theresa has a touch of science fiction to it. There's an alien entity which some people may say is unlikely to exist which I agree, but nobody can absolutely positively say it can't exist. Anyway, if you can get across that line, Theresa goes through experiences that you've never seen anywhere else. The questions is always the same when you're reading a story: what would I do in that situation?

Currently the book is only on KINDLE. If you're not a published author, it's extremely difficult to get a print publisher interested in your work. If you are a published author, it seems like you can plagiarize the 1920 New York telephone directory and get that published. I hope that someday ET will be on the shelves of the Wal-Mart book section.
    Last edited by empresstheresa; March 18th, 2013 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Ice View Post
    I'm a teenager and so therefore the target audience i believe. After reading through the comments this book has great appeal to me simply due to it being notorious now. I would very much like to read it and give it a fair review, not taking in to account anything said on here. Although I'm afraid I'm old school and don't have a Kindle. Is there any way to read it without one?
    If you go to Amazon, Apple Ice, you can get a kindle app for your pc, phone or tablet. I use it on my laptop and it's surprisingly readable.

In other words, Norman decided to try to jump on the YA bandwagon when he couldn't get any reputable print publisher interested in his property.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Potty - That sounds good to me, i will be in contact when I read it then. Thanks very much.

empress thresa - Thank you for taking the time to explain it and its origins. I will download and read it and let you know how I found it if you wish.

Travers - Ah I never knew that, i appreciate you letting me know, i will most certainly be using that from now on i think.

Quote Originally Posted by empresstheresa View Post
    I only had sixteen rejection slips when I considered the Young Adult version. -- The great novelist Ernest Hemingway supposedly had one hundred rejection slips before getting his first novel published.
    J.K Rowling got twelve... I wonder how many youngsters can quote Hemingway.
    Last edited by Potty; March 19th, 2013 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by empresstheresa View Post
    You'll notice, Apple Ice, the hypocrisy around here.
    People say I have a bad attitude, but look at the above quote.
    I hope you never become like that.
    I haven't been the least bit hypocritical when it comes to this piece of work. You might try looking in the mirror, Normy. Accusing people of hypocrisy is certainly negative.
    I'm not holier than thou. But I'm not going around telling everyone that my jury-rigged YA novel is the answer to their life's problems, either.
    Hack.
    *cough*
    Last edited by moderan; March 19th, 2013 at 03:39 AM. Reason: had something in my throat;it was hard to swallow
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Alright, this thread has run its course and I'm starting to not enjoy the tone. Thread closed.
    Last edited by squidtender; March 19th, 2013 at 03:59 AM.
    Serious writers write, inspired or not.
    Over time they discover that routine
    is a better friend than inspiration.

--Ralph Keyes

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678