Empress Theresa -- it's on Amazon KINDLE - Page 7

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Empress Theresa -- it's on Amazon KINDLE

Quote Originally Posted by moderan View Post
    So....sorry, Terry. I'm not trying to do the -last-word-getting thing, really, but I have the thing. If you have a kindle, I'm allowed to share.
    Not a problem, mod. Mine was just a suggestion. I have a Kindle, but there's no need to share. I have too many decent books in queue now to waste any more time on this one. Thanks for the offer.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by empresstheresa View Post
    The painting I did looks much better that the KINDLE cover. As I said before the software for my Kodak camera doesn't work, so I'm working on the MY PICTURES copy and will update the cover soon. It takes a lot work using PAINT. The blue on KINDLE was a big surprise and it's terrible. I'm working on it. Why not buy another camera from a different make? I've already made changes in MY PICTURES and they're not on my painting!
    Even under the best of circumstances, a digital reproduction is never going to look as good as original art. But if you're using a point and shoot without a stand and proper copy lighting, it's going to be even harder -- especially if you don't have Photoshop or another photo editing application that will allow you to adjust the color, contrast, etc. If you are going to redo the art, and you really should -- especially the main figure -- you should do it at a size that will fit on a scanner bed -- you'll get a much better image that way. If you don't have a photo editing application, it shouldn't be hard to find someone who does -- give him the original art so he can make the appropriate adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by empresstheresa View Post
    And yes, I have been thinking along the lines of your comment: cover kind of works in a campy, bad-on-purpose way.........
    but for a slightly different reason.
    I wanted the cover to tell readers who had never heard of the book something about the nature of the story.
    It's obvious WHY you included the images and captions. As far as the cover goes overall, I don't know anything about the book -- but the tone of the cover -- if you're going with this as something fun and campy -- would indicate something with some humor or irony. If it's dead serious -- there's a big disconnect -- and I don't think it's really going to work.
    Last edited by JosephB; March 18th, 2013 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moderan View Post
    CMYK color profile. Google it.
    The cover is for Kindle and for display on the Amazon site and the web in general -- so the color profile should be RGB. CMYK is for print.

Thanks, Ace.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Heh. No problem, bro. The upload will accept a JPEG with either profile -- and it really doesn't matter all that much. As you likely know, color varies quite a bit depending on the display -- sweating too hard over nuance with a photo or artwork is kind of waste of time. You have to take your best guess and end up with something that you think will look good on a variety of displays. But it makes more sense to start off and edit in RGB. Where it really matters is when you're going to print -- then the profile has to be CMYK.

Apologies, but where can I find this book, its cover and its excerpts?

Interested to see what all the fuss is about, surely it can't be THAT bad.

Although from a viewpoint from the outside, your attitude (dear OP), is less than satisfactory. You'll need to be open to criticism, no matter how much you love your work.

Remember that there are ALWAYS better people than you out there, and (usually) they want to help - not hinder.

And I have yet to come across a demeaning statement in our criticism area, so I'd really suggest you relax a little.
    As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence. - Benjamin Franklin

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence
    consists in breaking the enemys resistance without fighting. - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptex View Post
    Apologies, but where can I find this book, its cover and its excerpts?

Interested to see what all the fuss is about, surely it can't be THAT bad.

Although from a viewpoint from the outside, your attitude (dear OP), is less than satisfactory. You'll need to be open to criticism, no matter how much you love your work.

Remember that there are ALWAYS better people than you out there, and (usually) they want to help - not hinder.

And I have yet to come across a demeaning statement in our criticism area, so I'd really suggest you relax a little.
    Go to the Amazon.com Kindle Store and search for Empress Theresa.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

Best of luck with your book! Congrats on self-publishing it. That's a feat that, despite any criticism received, deserves commending. Bravo!

I'm a teenager and so therefore the target audience i believe. After reading through the comments this book has great appeal to me simply due to it being notorious now. I would very much like to read it and give it a fair review, not taking in to account anything said on here. Although I'm afraid I'm old school and don't have a Kindle. Is there any way to read it without one?

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Ice View Post
    I'm a teenager and so therefore the target audience i believe. After reading through the comments this book has great appeal to me simply due to it being notorious now. I would very much like to read it and give it a fair review, not taking in to account anything said on here. Although I'm afraid I'm old school and don't have a Kindle. Is there any way to read it without one?
    If you manage to get hold of a copy, Motley Press may be interested in your review. Send it our way when you're done and let the editorial team glance over it. You never know

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast