Empress Theresa -- it's on Amazon KINDLE - Page 3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Empress Theresa -- it's on Amazon KINDLE

Banned
    Maine - we're here so you don't have to be
    How can two people get the best supporting actor role?

They're only nominated.

You'll notice I didn't include Best Picture on the list. They're not going to give Best Picture to a movie about a teenager.

Banned
    Honestly, I read you story in another thread and I don't believe it's bad. Actually it's good, however the problem is your inability to recieve critiques. I'm not saying you should change your story to satisfy the needs of others, but you should be open minded. I wish you the best in the work with your book
    1. Which thread did you read? I can't comment unless I know.

2. The Amazon "LOOK INSIDE!" sample pages of my KINDLE listing were chosen by the 'IN REVIEW' process. They make the decisions. The author has no input. Which is too bad. The first two and a half chapters they show are only the setup/background, Theresa in her youth, things broiling ( President Martin seems to be up to something ) etc.
    Only a few pages later we're into chapter four where all hell breaks loose.

3. Kevin mentioned that I take a lot a flak. I sure do. More than anybody else around here. Why?

4. My real objective is that the book be made into a movie. It will be an instant hit, an eye popping spectacle ( "Forget the pictures" says an airplane pilot. "You have to be here to understand the size of this thing!" ), and an inspirational experience. If the movie is made and made well I don't care if nobody but the movie producer reads the book.
    Last edited by empresstheresa; March 15th, 2013 at 02:52 PM.

Might I suggest that since the book is now published (and protected) you might arrange for a volunteer from Writing Forums to read it and review it for the Motley Press? Much as been said and written about the excerpts you've posted here, and you've suggested that those comments were in error because they were taken out of context. Finding someone here to read and review the book could be enlightening. I'm not suggesting that you choose someone who's been critical of the excerpts, but another member, someone who hasn't participated in the discussions to this point. Just a thought. Following the Amazon reviews will be interesting.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Might I suggest that since the book is now published (and protected) you might arrange for a volunteer from Writing Forums to read it and review it for the Motley Press? Much as been said and written about the excerpts you've posted here, and you've suggested that those comments were in error because they were taken out of context. Finding someone here to read and review the book could be enlightening. I'm not suggesting that you choose someone who's been critical of the excerpts, but another member, someone who hasn't participated in the discussions to this point. Just a thought. Following the Amazon reviews will be interesting.
    My own brother and sister haven't read the book and we all live in the same house.

What one, or two, or half a dozen people think of the book doesn't matter. What matters is the target audience, primarily the millions of teenagers out there who thirst for an inspirational model.

I imagine The Hunger Games would have bombed if old farts like me were first to read it, but the kids don't care what we think.

I read a few pages on Amazon and the section of "about you."

I'm curious as to what your science degrees are in. You mention you have three.
    Until lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunters. ~African Proverb

Banned
    Following the Amazon reviews will be interesting.
    Expect a few terrible reviews in the beginning.

I joined an atheist forum last year for fun. I was very polite and everything. When they found out I supported belief in God's existence they lashed into me like you wouldn't believe. Apparently there is no Moderator over there who isn't in a coma. Anything goes. Any foul language or blasphemy is permitted. As you can predict, the worst loudmouths take over the forum. It's always that way.
    They noticed I wrote Empress Theresa, and of course they trashed the book.
    They hate my existence and tracked me down all over the internet, even finding me in places I'd forgotten.
    They'll find my book on Amazon and then it'll be ugly.

( The thread I started over there was exiled to the "Into The Darkness" section. You can't see anything in the "Darkness" section unless you're a forum member and logged in. I can't see it myself; I was banned for telling the truth: "The universe itself is the evidence for God" I said. )

Quote Originally Posted by empresstheresa View Post

What one, or two, or half a dozen people think of the book doesn't matter. What matters is the target audience, primarily the millions of teenagers out there who thirst for an inspirational model.

I imagine The Hunger Games would have bombed if old farts like me were first to read it, but the kids don't care what we think.
    There are a lot of young people on this site.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

Banned
    I read a few pages on Amazon and the section of "about you."

I'm curious as to what your science degrees are in. You mention you have three.

Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, BS, Univ of Maine in Orono

Bachelor of Science in Nursing, BSN, Univ of Southern Maine

Doctor of Dental Medicine, DMD, ( same as DDS ) Tufts Dental, Boston

I was also a computer programmer for eight years, IBM mainframe CICS online environment, wrote code in machine language which is rare today.
    Last edited by empresstheresa; March 15th, 2013 at 04:03 PM.

You'll notice I didn't include Best Picture on the list. They're not going to give Best Picture to a movie about a teenager.
    Life of Pi was nominated for this year's award. And your bias towards age will not be beneficial to your writing career.
    Sleep is for the weak, or sleep is for a week.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I write about anime and internet culture at Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
    Life of Pi was nominated for this year's award. And your bias towards age will not be beneficial to your writing career.
    Not to come out on either side here but nominated doesn't mean win. And since he wrote about a teenager, not sure how you can consider him bias toward the younger age group.
    Until lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunters. ~African Proverb

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast