Hobbies - Page 6

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticweld View Post
    This was a bike that had been wrecked, thrown down the road at over 75mph I repaired all of the body work and painted it, there are no decals on the bikes, all of the sponsor names are air brushed on.
    Was there a human attached to it when it was wrecked?
    Welcome to WF!
    Feeling lost? Want to connect with experienced members of the forum? Then meet our talented staff of Hidden Content !
    They're always looking to help and advise and don't bite... much...

It was a wheelie gone bad, not me as the rider though I bought it that way. I have been in over 40 wrecks in the last 35 years, only been to the hospital a handful of times. I taught road racing skills and techniques for a few years, still do some racing at the track. I did get to take a cool trip to New Foundland this spring, 4000 miles in 10 days but it was on my Triumph Tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticweld View Post
    It was a wheelie gone bad, not me as the rider though I bought it that way. I have been in over 40 wrecks in the last 35 years, only been to the hospital a handful of times. I taught road racing skills and techniques for a few years, still do some racing at the track. I did get to take a cool trip to New Foundland this spring, 4000 miles in 10 days but it was on my Triumph Tiger.
    Jesus, over a wreck a year? That reminds me of a peacekeeper I knew who served for twenty years; he had six vehicles shot out from underneath him but was still mostly intact.

Aw, dem newfies. Cannot understand a word some of them say, but they are great folks.
    Welcome to WF!
    Feeling lost? Want to connect with experienced members of the forum? Then meet our talented staff of Hidden Content !
    They're always looking to help and advise and don't bite... much...

My favorite hobbies are writing, reading books and traveling. During traveling I love to read books. I also wrote a lot of poems to see the natural beauty of different places around the world. Few months ago I have been visited Shimla. It is a beautiful city of India.

I'm partial to "Polishing the Rocket," or "Boxing the Clown," or sometimes "Roughing up the Suspect," or if you like, "Poodling the Ostrich." You know, anything that I can put in quotes is an awesome hobby.
    It all starts with a name and flows from there. A ridiculous moniker springs to mind and it launches like a multi-lubed slippery-sloop down chutes made of buttery-floops. Down, down, down. We watch, spellbound. Rapturous. Glockenspiel. We do our due diligence with penitence and penicillin. Do what’s due, then dew drops on your moon-pops.

Quote Originally Posted by Pluralized View Post
    I'm partial to "Polishing the Rocket," or "Boxing the Clown," or sometimes "Roughing up the Suspect," or if you like, "Poodling the Ostrich." You know, anything that I can put in quotes is an awesome hobby.
    alone or with somebody else?
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    alone or with somebody else?
    Well, I don't usually swing like this but if you insist...

Oh, you weren't volunteering?
    It all starts with a name and flows from there. A ridiculous moniker springs to mind and it launches like a multi-lubed slippery-sloop down chutes made of buttery-floops. Down, down, down. We watch, spellbound. Rapturous. Glockenspiel. We do our due diligence with penitence and penicillin. Do what’s due, then dew drops on your moon-pops.

As my eyesight is now deteriorating at an alarming rate, I am reminded of those salutory warnings from my parents that overindulgence in any 'hobby' can be detrimental to the eyesight!
    How right they were! Take note PLURALISED!
    I find the first five days after the weekend the hardest !Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I as well have many hobbies that extend from my writings, crochet, sewing projects, my beading work. I am New here so I haven't figured out how to post pictures of my works

Apart from writing I like traveling and hiking. I also like skiing, oil painting and Irish dancing
    my reviews at Hidden Content

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast