Fan-Creations (fanfic and fanart)

Thread: Fan-Creations (fanfic and fanart)

Fan-Creations (fanfic and fanart)

In the Rules -
    Fan-Fiction: Fan-fiction is not allowed and will be removed immediately.
    - has been amended to -
    Fan-Creations: Fan-fiction and Fan-art are treated equally under the law as fan-creations; they are breaches of copyright, and therefore not allowed and will be removed immediately upon discovery.
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

Following a PM discussion with a respected member who also happens to write fan fiction, I am obliged to clarify the statement in the Rules. Therefore the statement has been amended to -
    Fan-Creations: Fan-fiction and Fan-art are treated equally under the law as fan-creations; they are potential breaches of copyright and/or trademark provisions, therefore not allowed to be posted on this forum, and will be removed immediately upon discovery.

Amendment to da Rules regarding fan-creations

After taking into consideration the expressed desires of various respected members, and a considerable amount of discussion, negotiation, and the judicious application of various incentives (which I will leave to your fertile imaginations to ponder), the Owner and the Board of Management have agreed to provide as safe a space for fan-fics and fan-art as we can manage within a community forum.

The following amendment has been made to da Rules:
    Fan-Creations: Fan-fiction and Fan-art are treated equally under the law as fan-creations; they are potential breaches of copyright and/or trademark provisions, therefore not allowed on the open forum boards, and will be removed immediately upon discovery. Provision has been made for fan-creations within The Motley Tavern, where adequate visibility limits and disclaimers are included.

Fan-creations posted by non-Tavern members anywhere in the open forum or members only Workshops may be moved to The Motley Tavern at a moderator's discretion. Members may still post fan-creations in their own Blog pages or in Groups which allow them but do so at their own risk with respect to any third party legal actions.

Da Fine Print \/

Disclaimers:

Although WritingForums.com has made efforts to protect WF members who post fan-creations from third party discovery of, and legal recourse against, such works, any responsibility against legal actions taken against remain with the original posters of the fan-creations.

Although we consider the risk to be very small, we will advise any member of any notice to desist that may be forwarded to WritingForums.com by any plausible authority, and we reserve the right to unapprove any such affected work for as long as such notice to desist is in effect.

Just to be clear: there should be no expectation that fanfics or fanartworks posted in this forum should or will receive serious critiques or comments from other members. If members choose to offer serious crits, it is a bonus over and above any requirement asked for or expected in the creative area forums.

Initially, the fan-creations forum will consist of a single board for all fan-related works and discussions. Should the forum prove popular, dedicated sub-forums will be added and relevant threads will be moved to the appropriate sub-forums.

Some works may be added from where they are currently housed and/or as and when we can find them.

The Tavern has called last orders so the option to post fan-creations in the Tavern is no longer an option. Members may still post fan-creations in their own Blog pages or in Groups which allow them but do so at their own risk with respect to any third party legal actions.

Disclaimers:

Although WritingForums.com has made efforts to protect WF members who post fan-creations from third party discovery of, and legal recourse against, such works, any responsibility against legal actions taken against remain with the original posters of the fan-creations.

Although we consider the risk to be very small, we will advise any member of any notice to desist that may be forwarded to WritingForums.com by any plausible authority, and we reserve the right to unapprove any such affected work for as long as such notice to desist is in effect.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content