Interview with your MC - Page 3

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Interview with your MC

Hello, Jack Thompson. This is Zuther Lante, the MC in this user's story. I'm a blacksmith, and . . . I think that's pretty much everything about me.

1. Do you have many magazines?
    Magazines? I'm sorry, I haven't heard of such a thing. Is that a sword? Or an engineered animal?

2. Do you write, by chance (thought this would be a nice meta-fictitious question)
    I write . . . hmm, what do I write? Or do I even write? I used to write something from school, but I forgot about it with all this killing thing.

3. What do you think of people signing up to go to Mars?
    Where's Mars? Is that another nation? I only know of two nations. . . . Oh, wait, wait, I thought Mars was the name of someone's dog? Or so I thought of it as a dog. I think it's engineered or something, with all these technologies that are sprouting.

4. Have you dissected an animal before?
    Ugh, did you just ask me that? Just kidding, a little bit too over-reacting. Dissecting, hmm. . . . No, I haven't. Only humans. . . . Also kidding. Don't take it seriously. But many people want me dissected . . . I think. Not sure.

5. Have you shot an animal before?
    I haven't, sorry. I don't know how to use long-distance weapons. I have only stabbed some. Knife is my primary weapon.

Interview's done. Now it's my turn to give out some questions.

1. Do you use any weapons? If so, what weapons? (And if knife, we should really be friends. I love knives.)

2. How many friends do you have? (I have four. Sorry for telling things about my self, I just didn't want this to be a one-sided interview.)

3. Do you have a pet? (I don't.)

4. Have you killed a person? (It's immoral, but I have, for the sake of my survival.)

5. Are you a fugitive? (I am. Reason stated in fourth question.)
    Last edited by MisterTribute; April 17th, 2013 at 11:48 AM.
    Opinions are welcome. Thanks! =)

Death Carnival ~ Hidden Content ~ Hidden Content [YA]

"Nothing will ever be the exact outcome of what you have planned." Death Carnival

Well yes, I do use some weapons. I've shot the Fedorov-Andrich Armories FA-68A1 Standard Rifle and Slater MilGrade Mark 19 rifle before, however I use both MilGrade's Mark 18 Battle Rifle and M5 Standard Pistol. However I do keep a decent blade with me.

I have a few close friends.

No, I don't have a pet-it's against regulations!

Well yes, I have killed...more than one person.

Definitely not! They wouldn't let me in the Naval Infantry then!
    But knowing times of trouble, and the devils they may bring,
    are only thwarted by his will to fight, he raised his mighty wings.
    Prepared for war, thus guarding peace; for liberty, his love,
    he shall deliver unto evil: death, dealt swiftly from above

I think I have to use Circadian's questions for this interview to be interesting. My MC doesn't do much dissecting (unfortunately).

Sebastian O'Mara, 18, self-proclaimed asshole and currently haunted by a ghosts and hunted by a witch.

1. Where do you like to hang out?
    Hang out? I don't hang out. But if you mean where do I like to spend my free time, then I'd say a bed. Any bed. Well, that, or sipping a smooth scotch with something firm and cute whispering into my ear.

2. What is your least favorite thing in the world?
    Bon Iver. Ed Sheeran. People who use the word "dude". People who wear beanies. Grey eyes, but don't ask why. People who smoke when they don't have the class to pull it off. The smell of smoke on clothes, when it's not mixed with Chanel nr. 5. The feel of fake tits.

3. Any overwhelming obsessions?
    Lee Fields & The Expressions. Scotch. Freckled noses. Perfume on a girl's collarbones. Firm butts in leather pants. Old soul music. Any music, really. Woody Allen. Tarantino. My Mustang. Social politics.

4. Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
    It's so full the table is wet and it's dripping down on the floor. If you ask me again in a week, it's dried up and empty.

5. Do you prefer summer of winter?
    Both. I prefer my girls pale and creamy, not tan and wrinkled, but winter demands more layers. Can I say spring?

Next questions:
    1. What are you doing 10 years from now?
    2. When are you at your happiest?
    3. What's your biggest accomplishment?
    4. If you had to write a book, what would you write about?
    5. What's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?

From Jack Thompson, a soldier in the Thetan War of 2153 on the planet Theta IV. This will be from maybe just a couple of weeks after the war.

1. What are you doing 10 years from now?

I doubt it'd take me that long to get married, have a kid or two, find something to do, and forget all about the war. But I know I'll never forget. Some time, maybe multiple times in ten years, I will come back to Theta and remember my men.

2. When are you at your happiest?

Right now...right now I'm just happy that the war is over, and everyone's safe back home on Earth.

3. What's your biggest accomplishment?

I don't know if it's necessarily an "accomplishment," but I'd say surviving the beginning phases of the war. The Guards I was serving as a regular Naval Infantry liaison to, compared to the New Byzantine Legionaries, were ill-equipped; many were killed, and defeat wasn't unrealistic. On more than one occasion before the rest of the Naval Infantry regulars came, I could have been killed just as easily as thousands of Guards, but I survived and am talking to you now.

4. If you had to write a book, what would you write about?

Probably just what I was talking about-my experiences in the Thetan War.

5. What's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?

Well during the war: locate my men-it's nice to know where they are. Now though, I wake up and realize: there is no objective, really. No imminent attacks, no attacks we must make...it's odd, really.

Questions for you:

1. If YOU had to write a book, what would it be on?
    2. Are you alcoholic?
    3. Do you hunt?
    4. If someone showed a gun to you, would you be perturbed by it or be interested in it/think it's cool?
    5. What's some academic topic that's of interest to you?

I'll be interiviewing an old friend of mine who has seen some big changes, Jack Potter. I still don't know everything about him either, so lets see what I can learn.

1. If YOU had to write a book, what would it be on?

It would be about how to keep from going insane as life treats you like a punching bag. Seriously, I don't know why
    everything always has to go wrong, but it does.

2. Are you alcoholic?

No, but some days it's a chore to keep from taking the plunge.

3. Do you hunt?

Not these days, but back in the day I'd go camping with my old man and we'd hunt and fish for food. It was great.
    I miss those days.

4. If someone showed a gun to you, would you be perturbed by it or be interested in it/think it's cool?

That depends. If it's someone I know and trust and they want me to go shooting with them, then I'd have a blast
    throwing lead down range. Now if it was someone I met in a dark alley and they pointed the business end at me,
    I'd be handing over my wallet.

5. What's some academic topic that's of interest to you?

Time travel. It seems like for everything we don't yet know about the world, there might still be the possibility
    of it, or maybe something within those lines.

Next questions:
    1. Would you rather spend one day high above the earth on a small platform, or deep underground with only a
    candle?

2. Do you take medication?

3. If given the choice for a vacation, would you choose to go to a major city or to a wilderness setting?

4. What is the one thing that is unique about yourself?

5. What is your source of income?

"Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

1. Would you rather spend one day high above the earth on a small platform, or deep underground with only a
    candle?

Definitely the platform. I'm claustraphobic and afraid of the dark.

2. Do you take medication?
    I had a pretty serious heroin probem for a while. It helped me cope with... me.

3. If given the choice for a vacation, would you choose to go to a major city or to a wilderness setting?
    The wilderness. It's better if I stay away from places where there are lots of people.

4. What is the one thing that is unique about yourself?
    I could well be the only person in the world who's attempted suicide dozens of times and sustained fatal injuries as a result, but survived. Dammit.

5. What is your source of income?
    I still get regular cheques from songwriting royalties, even though I retired from the music business after my 2 fellow band members were crushed to death by a lighting rig in a freak accident during our last concert.

Next questions!

1 - Would you rather walk in the rain, or feel no pain?
    2 - What was the defining moment of your life?
    3 - What were you like as a child?
    4 - Any major influences?
    5 - You're stranded on a desert island. You're allowed one book, one CD and one movie. What are they?
    "If at first you don't succeed, aff wi' the bunnet, and in wi' the heid." - Old Glasgow proverb.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Watson View Post
    Next questions!

1 - Would you rather walk in the rain, or feel no pain?
    I'd rather walk in the rain. If I couldn't feel pain, I wouldn't know I was alive. (Yay for the troubled protagonist!)

2 - What was the defining moment of your life?
    The moment when I buried my son and realized that I too would end up dying in someone else's war.

3 - What were you like as a child?
    Happy, I guess. I don't really think much about it. I was a farmer, just like my father. So, I suppose I was much like my own son when I was growing up. I chased the chickens, banged on my mother's pots and put mud in my sister's shoes, just like any other kid.

4 - Any major influences?
    The land. A golden glint of Summer teasing a full field waiting for harvest. The stillness just before dusk when the heat of the day has faded and you stand on your own land after a good day's work. My wife's face and the laughter of my son. Influences? Sure, lots of them. But, not many of them are people.

5 - You're stranded on a desert island. You're allowed one book, one CD and one movie. What are they?
    If you can strand me on an island and give me these arcane things of which you speak, can you give me back my wife and child? If not, you're meaningless to me.

My questions:

1) Tell me about your parents.

2) What sort of work do you do?

3) What do you hate?

4) Why are you really doing whatever it is that you are doing in this story?

5) When you look at yourself in a mirror, what do you see?

Cash, my main character in a Western...

1) Tell me about your parents. My pa worked the farm started by his pa in Alabama. He then fought and died for the Confederate States of America in the War for Southern Independence. I was looking right at him when the bullet shattered his face. Ma was a typical farm wife and mother. She raised me and all my siblings right. She died of a broken heart shortly after pa died. Her heart wasn't broke over the death of my pa as one might think, but for the death of her country.

2) What sort of work do you do? I guess you could say I'm a gambler by trade--that is how I make most of my income anyways. My skill in gambling allows me to work and roam as I please. Besides that, though, I hire on where I can as I roam the free lands. I can do anything with my hands.

3) What do you hate? Dishonesty, ignorance, and cowardice.

4) Why are you really doing whatever it is that you are doing? I got framed for murder by a powerful man and his gang. I was fine with just dropping the matter and riding away after I was sprung from jail, but other people and matters of principle pulled me into fighting the war. You know what I mean--you've read Westerns. I have to stand for principles or nobody would want to ready my story.

5) When you look at yourself in a mirror, what do you see? A man satisfied in his middle age, but approaching death. I'm battling a couple of health problems and they show in my face. It is still a nice face if I can say so. I like my beard. I could lose some weight, but my bone structure won't allow it. Ma always said I was big boned. Like Oscar, our mule.

Questions:

1. What is your dream job?

2. What is your greatest talent?

3. What is your philosophy of money?

4. What is the most horrifying experience you have ever been through?

5. What is your favorite hand tool?
    Last edited by tabasco5; June 4th, 2013 at 05:25 AM.

Ssrenthir, a primary antagonist in my story

1. What is your dream job?
    I suppose I'm living it if you could call it that. If I had any other career, I would be a priest of the coming Transition in order to ensure my people's readiness for what is to come and I would serve whoever else was Lord instead of me. But I feel I can make the most difference doing what I am currently.

2. What is your greatest talent?

Hmmm... Well, I am, at risk of boasting, an excellent ship's pilot. The Torelin, a city ship and you'd be surprised how hard those monstrosities are to handle.

3. What is your philosophy of money?

Money's never really been a problem for me. One of the perks of being a planetary leader. Mostly, people donate to the various research facilities in preparation for the Transition.

4. What is the most horrifying experience you have ever been through?

When I lost my planet. Nothing can ever prepare you for the sight of your home, the place of the temples and the promise of the Transition and history of your people, all of it, to break apart before your eyes. I can still hear the guards ordering the mass evacuation. [Author speaking: This question cannot be answered fully and completely as the truly most horrifying thing to happen to him hasn't happened yet.]

5. What is your favorite hand tool?

My teleporter definitely [haven't decided on a name for it yet]. It makes travel between universes much easier and I no longer need a ship to do it.

Next Questions:
    1. What is the most amazing thing you've ever seen?
    2. Is there anything you regret and if so, what?
    3. What do you fear most?
    4. Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
    5. How would you describe your childhood?
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

"If I had a face, I think I would smile." ~ Dell, from Reyna Key and the Hollow Earth

1. What is the most amazing thing you've ever seen?

I'll have to get back to you on this one. I'm unsure.

2. Is there anything you regret and if so, what?

I feel like...I am responsible-for my friend Jon's death...

3. What do you fear most?

I don't know right now.

4. Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?

Introvert mostly.

5. How would you describe your childhood?

Troubled. In short, I was born to Vasily and Elena Zastarov in Volchansk. While I was young, up it was relatively peaceful, though there were some hostilities. They increased as I grew up, and while young, my parents died, so I stayed with my Grandma. Schools were closed or destroyed, leaving me with some junior high education. I became a mountain man of sorts, to escape problems. My Grandma died, and so I joined the Russian military on Earth before the Solar System's military.

1. What is your name?
    2. What is your quest?
    3. What is your favorite color?
    4. What is the capital of Syria?
    5. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Not a striking bit of originality, I know, but I must now enter into my midnight slumber.