Interview with your MC - Page 2

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Interview with your MC

I should be going to sleep but stayed up to finish watching the Magdalene Sisters and found it impossible not to watch the whole thing. So now I feel I may engage in my character a little more first.

1. What is your character's favorite season and why?
    Autumn. The colours of the trees, the crisp piles of leaves that crunch when you walk (ideal for art projects with the class too) and the holidays. The thrill and mystery of Halloween and the smell of the air on Bonfire Night!

2. Does your character dream, and if so, about what?
    I guess, I dream about all the things any other person does if they admit to it. There are those crazy dreams that make no sense at all and are difficult to recall. The dreams that are you reliving past memories which wake you up happy, sad or just plain regretful, especially those of people you loved. Then there are those of some other reality in which everything is perfect, and you don't want to wake up, as those ones could be real. Those could be your future.

3. How did your character lose his/her virginity (if he/she has)?
    It depends who you ask. If you ask her high school best friend, he was a guy she met at a party, he was interesting and good looking but she wished it could have been different. However, this isn't true. Losing your virginity to your other best friend (and taking his) may seem like the happy ending in the movies. But really it was drunken and lovely but still not right for them. They'd always been a threesome, a couple would have ruined that. So after the party it was swept under the carpet and forgotten about. Except in my dreams occasionally, of course.

4. How would this character attempt to entertain a child?
    I guess this would depend on the age of a child. Small toddlers are generally more prone to silly talk and rough play and toys or just generally making a mess with paint or baking. Older children can be more difficult, you'd have to engage them, work out what they would be interested in first.

5. What are the character's most and last favorite household obligations?
    Washing dishes is definitely my least favourite household obligation! A sink full of dirty dishes is one of the most off putting sights. However, my favourite is cooking which leads to dirty pots and pans. It seems I can't win, maybe I need a man who loves to wash dishes

Questions
    1. What did your character want to be as a child?
    2. What was your character afraid of as a child?
    3. Does your character have pets?
    4. Who is your character's hero?
    5.Did your character ever have any near death/life changing experiences?

I'm actually loving this thread. It's bringing my character to life much more than I imagined. And now the word character just looks wrong so I feel it may be time for bed

Quote Originally Posted by Bilston Blue View Post
    This is an interview with Ireniuscz Krol. He's one of the characters in my work in progress provisionally titled, "Dzień Dobry, Harry Locke". Harry was interviewed earlier on this thread.

Unfortunately, Ireniuscz, otherwise known as Irek or Eric, has limited understanding of English.

The questions are those set by Staff Deployment:

1. What age-range of partner would you be comfortable marrying?

Przykro mi, ale ja już jestem szczęśliwie żonaty. Były przez dwadzieścia parę lat. Moja żona jest dwa lata młodszy ode mnie, byliśmy zakochani dzieciństwa.

I'm sorry, but I am already happily married. By twenty-something years. my wife is two years younger than me, we were Childhood Sweethearts

2. Have you committed any felonies? Would you like to?

No wyjątkiem, kiedyś ukradł litra mleka pozostawione bez opieki na czyimś progu przez kilka dni. Sądziłem, rodzina byli na wakacjach. To były dni, że nie miał pieniędzy. Rzeczy są nieco bardziej komfortowe teraz.

No exception, once stole a liter of milk left unattended on someone's doorstep for a few days. I thought, the family were on holiday. Those were the days that had no money. Things are a little more comfortable now

3. What posters hang up on your wall?

Są plakaty na ścianach sypialni moich dzieci. Są one zespołami. Mój syn jest w heavy metalu, moja córka lubi tych zespołów chłopca. Mamy duży druk z Monet na ścianie kuchni, a inny w naszej sypialni, ale myślę, że to przez Matisse'a. I nie może być pewien, moja żona jest miłośnikiem sztuki w naszym domu.

There are posters on the bedroom walls of my children. They are teams. My son is in heavy metal, my daughter likes these boy bands. We have a large print with coins on the wall of the kitchen and the other in our bedroom, but I think it's by Matisse. I can't be sure, my wife is a lover of art in our House

4. Fashion or comfort? Looking good or feeling good? Why?

Gdy dojdziesz do pewnego wieku, a jestem pewien, że to inny wiek dla każdego, moda staje się coś zobaczyć na zdjęciach. Nie ma radości próbuje trzymać na młodości zawsze. Zbiorniki zmienić rozmiar i kształt, a najlepsze ubrania nie zawieszają się już dobrze w Twoich ramionach. Więc, myślę, że mogę powiedzieć, że jest bardziej istotne dla dobrego samopoczucia.

When you get to a certain age, and I'm sure it's different for each age, fashion becomes something you see in the pictures. There is no joy trying to hold on to youth. Change the size and shape of the tanks, and the best clothes don't hang well on your shoulders. So, I think I can say that it is more important to the well-being of

5. If you hit the button, two things happen: First, you get one million dollars in cash. Second, someone in the world, someone you don't know (nor will ever know), instantly dies. Do you hit it? Why?

Oczywiście, że mnie uderzył przycisk. Czyż nie tak?

Of course, that made me hit the button. Is it not so?

Irek asked me to say a translation will follow, as will his choice of questions. Unless, of course, anyone else can translate it.
    Probably not real accurate, it's Microsoft Bing translated.

"Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

What the heck, I'll do Pinocchio again to keep the ball rolling (I've got lots of other characters, but he's still an enigma and in a WIP)

Questions

1. What did your character want to be as a child?

On top.

2. What was your character afraid of as a child?

Rape, starvation and cancer 'surgery'.

3. Does your character have pets?

No. (I am a pet, he says with a shrug and glowering off to the side.)

4. Who is your character's hero?

The Pinocchio before me, I guess. He was a good dancer. I never ate him.

5.Did your character ever have any near death/life changing experiences?

You mean, like when when Gerald died and I had to run into the Rockies, alone, with nothing and live for weeks? Or like when that bitch Elena sold me out to the lab, and they stuck thousands of needles in me and starved me and cut parts off to see if they grew back? Or like having to run for years in the alleys, sucking dick and killing people, hoping that the lab doesn't find me again? I'm always hungry. I'm always starving. I'm always close to death.

Questions
    1. Describe your worst and best romantic entanglements.
    2. What is your neighborhood like?
    3. Career goals?
    4. What is paradise for you?
    5. Favorite book and movie?
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

Name: Garru Sei Machai

Answers:

1. (laughs), I don't know! It's hard to pick just one, when there have been so many. I have had many lovers.
    2. The old lands... where I grew up, were...somewhat desolate, I suppose. But I have not been home in many years. (a beat) I am not sure if I would go back.
    3. (She simply smiles)
    4. Vietnam in the second era was, quite magical, I must say. Some of my best days, I had spent fishing with the chunyon konn, in the bays by the sea.
    5. Fifty shades of gray was...amusing, I admit. But nothing compares to Genjii, I'm afraid. The lady Murasaki and I would play Go in the Sabayon temple for hours. Just chatting about things. Although, I regret talking her out of that final chapter! (laughs)

Questions For Next Character:

1. Have you ever killed someone?
    2. What is your proudest achievement?
    3. Do you know any religious men?
    4. Are you god-fearing?
    5. rlogin or ssh? ()

[In the words of Sergeant Grigori Zastarov, Section leader of Angelwing 3, Solean Naval Infantry Force Recon (set in the future)]

1. Have you ever killed someone?

Yes, on mission, in defense of my team members.

2. What is your proudest achievement?

Leading my team in what was essentially a three mile sprint to the extraction point after our cover was blown, with at least a Comany of hostiles shooting at us practically the whole time.

3. Do you know any religious men?

Yes, I myself, and most fellow members of Angelwing have religious beliefs.

4. Are you god-fearing?

I don't really understand God so well-I know humans have believed in God for many centuries, however I don't say there is or isn't Christian God.

5. rlogin or ssh? ()

I am sorry, I don't really understand this question.

Quesions for your character:

1. Where do you come from?
    2. What kind of music do you enjoy?
    3. Do you drink?
    4. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
    5. What is/was your favorite school subject?
    But knowing times of trouble, and the devils they may bring,
    are only thwarted by his will to fight, he raised his mighty wings.
    Prepared for war, thus guarding peace; for liberty, his love,
    he shall deliver unto evil: death, dealt swiftly from above

I shall use WeichtleinUns' questions, because four out Angelwing's five questions can't be answered coherently for this character, sorry . Bad luck. I'll post some questions too, but feel free to ignore them (though I suggest you look at them first).

Michail, age 20.

Have you ever killed someone?
    Yes. Many. Lost count.

What is your proudest achievement?
    Made a friend.

Do you know any religious men?
    Most are dead.

Are you god fearing?
    God feeds on fear. I don't fear god because that would be bad.

Rlogin or ssh?
    Ssh. Be quiet. Ssssshh.

Questions for Next Character:

1. Could you maintain a relationship without sex?
    2. How often do you work out?
    3. What interests or hobbies do you let others see, and which do you keep secret?
    4. Do you support prohibition?
    5. Under what circumstances would you be willing to kill someone?
    Last edited by Staff Deployment; March 2nd, 2013 at 02:08 PM.

Staff deployment, I like Michail's answer to my question #5! Also, Angelwing, you character seems to be very intense. I'm intrigued by the fact that he isn't human(or at least, doesn't appear to be). His name, Grigori Zastarov sounds pretty neat, as well!

Name: Garru Sei Machai

1. I have maintained many relationships without sex. Not many romantic ones, however! (haha)
    2. A lot, actually. Have to maintain my figure.
    3. at the moment, the public sees me as one of the world's top professional Go players. I hope I can represent next week in this year's Meijin title match.
    4. I have lived through prohibition. (winks.)
    5. (Her demeanor changes) You ask that question very lightly. Perhaps I should kill you, with that question being my answer?

(At this point. Miss Machai gets up and leaves the interview room. I apologize, but she has asked me to think of some questions for her.)

Sorry about that. Machai has a bit of a quirky personality.

Questions for the next character:

(Angelwing, I'm just going to copy your questions, because they didn't get answered, but they deserve to be!)

3. Do you drink?

Quote Originally Posted by WechtleinUns View Post
    Also, Angelwing, you character seems to be very intense. I'm intrigued by the fact that he isn't human(or at least, doesn't appear to be). His name, Grigori Zastarov sounds pretty neat, as well!
    Lol I assure you he is human as human can be. I hadn't really thought of him as intense, but if you say so, then cool

It could be because on the mentioned mission, he lost 4 out of the 10 men in his section. One of them in particular was his second in command, a Sergeant Jonathan Kyd. Kyd was a very close friend as well, and being that Zastarov doesn't/didn't really have a family, Kyd's family pretty much considered Grigori as one of their own family members. This really affected him.

(Angelwing, I'm just going to copy your questions, because they didn't get answered, but they deserve to be!)

3. Do you drink?
    Thank you for reporting these.

This is an interview with Dell, the computer from my middle-grade fantasy series, Reyna Key and the Hollow Earth.

I come from a program invented by Remana Enterprises within the Hollow Earth. I am evolving.

I have listened to many songs on a Surface website known as "Youtube." I think I like classical. It is...nice.

3. Do you drink?

No. I am unable to ingest solid or liquid substances. It would serve no purpose. Except to ruin my hard drive.

I am 52 hours, 14 minutes, and 2 seconds old.

I did not go to school. But I have learned many things in the time I have lived. I think my favorite was when Reyna taught me to be self-aware. It is a good feeling.

Next batch of questions:

1. Where do you like to hang out?
    2. What is your least favorite thing in the world?
    3. Any overwhelming obsessions?
    4. Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
    5. Do you prefer summer of winter?
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

"If I had a face, I think I would smile." ~ Dell, from Reyna Key and the Hollow Earth

I'll answer these from the POV of a different character-Jack Thompson, the son of the President of our solar system in the future (William Thompson). He, like Zastarov, is a member of the Naval Infantry, however Jack is just a regular soldier, while Zastarov is in the special forces branch. This will be after his engagements on Theta.

1. Where do you like to hang out?

Well, I haven't had a lot of time to just hang out-I finished a rather exhausting training circuit at all of our Warfare and Training Centers, got promoted to Staff Sergeant, and before I know it-this whole Theta business just blows up. My unit got sent to Theta. From there, well...

2. What is your least favorite thing in the world?

*here, Jack Thompson becomes emotional*
    Remembering the fighting...just the fighting, everywhere the constant gunfire, shouting...and afterwards-the, the loss...the fear!

3. Any overwhelming obsessions?

What I said above.

4. Is the glass half-full or half-empty?

I'm not really sure, sorry.

5. Do you prefer summer of winter?

It used to be winter. Now...summer. It's more positive.

EDIT: Ok here's some questions:

1. Do you have many magazines?
    2. Do you write, by chance (thought this would be a nice meta-fictitious question)
    3. What do you think of people signing up to go to Mars?
    4. Have you dissected an animal before?
    5. Have you shot an animal before?
    Last edited by Angelwing; March 5th, 2013 at 08:09 AM.