what are your favorite novels??? - Page 2

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: what are your favorite novels???

Nothing can ruin a good book like an essay.

Hahaha. I know right. I feel like I would have enjoyed our assigned novels a LOT more if we didn't have to analyze them. It can be interesting, but normally, it just ruins the entire book.

East of the Mississippi, west of New Jersey and too close to I-80.
    The Road-McCarthy

Anything Palahniuk because he's never boring...well...I heard Tell-All is terrible.
    “Put a gun to my head and paint the wall with my brains.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
    “Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what’s wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.” —Neil Gaiman

I'd vote for all of Jane Austen's novels and Possession by A.S. Byatt. A delicious book!

Quote Originally Posted by FleshEater View Post
    The Road-McCarthy

Anything Palahniuk because he's never boring...well...I heard Tell-All is terrible.
    I love Palahniuk. With that said Choke was horrible. It was dribble, and didn't really follow any line of thought, and Pygmy was non-sense as well.

Favorites include Lullaby by Palahniuk, Harry potter (This series really pulled me into reading), Dune, and Journalism written by hunter thompson.

I loved "Slaughterhouse Five" so much, I read it in like two days. Also "World War Z" was a quick, engaging read. Lastly, "Moby Dick." It was a very long read and I had to put it down for a break, but I eventually got it done and I actually liked it. The dialog was hard to follow, but the narration was awesome.

Blog Entries
    Some of my favorites include The Last of the Wine by Mary Renault, Shardik by Richard Adams, The Princess Bride by William Goldman, The Last Unicorn by Peter S Beagle and the Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_S View Post
    I loved "Slaughterhouse Five" so much, I read it in like two days. Also "World War Z" was a quick, engaging read. Lastly, "Moby Dick." It was a very long read and I had to put it down for a break, but I eventually got it done and I actually liked it. The dialog was hard to follow, but the narration was awesome.
    I love Vonnegut. Cat's Cradle is one of my favorites. A Clockwork Orange, The Road, 1984...but my favorites change all the time. Just a few off the top of my head.
    Anything that doesn't take years off your life and drives you to suicide hardly seems worth doing.
    - Cormac Mccarthy

I loved Slaugtherhouse five by Vonnegut. So, of course, I chose to read more from him, and to my displeasure, I was sorely disappointed by Breakfast of Champions. I was quickly turned off by his humor and random rambling. I also dislike, how the fourth wall was broken so much, and how the characters reacted to the situations they found themselves entwined in. Overall, I was really sad about the experience of the book. Maybe someday I will run my fingers through another Kurt book, but it may be awhile yet.

John Fowles - The Magist
    David Mitchell - Cloud Atlas
    The Lord of the Rings
    Herman Melville - Moby Dick

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast