Showed my new Nikon what's outside the door...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Showed my new Nikon what's outside the door...

Showed my new Nikon what's outside the door...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01Jan13 Robin D.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	4088

Name:	B&W Flower.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	4092

Name:	Web 7C.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	4090
    Last edited by Bloggsworth; January 30th, 2013 at 04:26 PM.
    A man in possession of a wooden spoon must be in want of a pot to stir.

Very nice, Bloggsworth.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

Quite stunning, Bloggsworth. The color on that little bird is wonderful. I especially love the contrast on those flowers, and that web looks so thick, as if it's yarn.

I hope to take my new camera outside this spring and get some great shots,too.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Quite stunning, Bloggsworth. The color on that little bird is wonderful. I especially love the contrast on those flowers, and that web looks so thick, as if it's yarn.

I hope to take my new camera outside this spring and get some great shots,too.
    Heavy frost...

Very nice!
    Hidden Content <--Proceed with der clickity.

Humpshire (not Hampshire). Google it. Really.
    Lovely images Bloggs'. My eye was particularly drawn to the fragility of the robin's legs.
    "I think a life is a plot. It's probably the elementary plot. I came across a quotation of Patrick White, the Australian writer, just about the time I needed it. He said he never bothers with plot. He just writes about life 'limping along toward death.' That made me feel much better, to keep this in my mind."

Carol Shields.

Great pictures, Bloggsworth.

I like the frost on the edge of the petals too.

I'm on a 10 wk, 'how to get the most from your digital camera' course - 3wks in and the main thing I've learned so far - I need to up grade to a new camera.

A better camera won't make you a better photographer, better photographs will; first you have to learn how to "see" the picture, something I seldom do; I am in awe of those who consistently can, but like most other arts, it is a matter of time and input. Digital cameras make the practice bit a lot cheaper than it used to be, no more paying out for 5 rolls of slides to be developed then throwing 80% of then away on first viewing, than another 5% after a second look!

This was taken on a cheap Fuji compact - I wound up the blue and desaturated every other colour:

Name:	2 Girls One Blue Bike 01Jan13.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	4093

I understand about having an artistic eye - but still need a new camera.

Or to put it another way - I would love a new camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    I understand about having an artistic eye - but still need a new camera.

Or to put it another way - I would love a new camera.
    Hence the new Nikon. I found I couldn't do without a proper viewfinder and manual focus. Gave my college my old Canon EOS600 + lenses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast