Pen line drawings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pen line drawings

Pen line drawings

These are a few commissioned pieces from several years ago, I still illustrate but rarely professionally now more for my own amusement, My eyes are going and hands have forgotten the skillClick image for larger version. 

Name:	hpqscan0009.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	3988Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hpqscan0013.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	3989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hpqscan0039.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	3990!they are drawn with Rotring pens on a plasticized medium (To prevent flooding)
    I find the first five days after the weekend the hardest !Hidden Content

Hidden Content

The detail is amazing, Ethan! I know what you mean about the eyes and hands forgetting the skill, I'm right there with you. Thank you for sharing these.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Isn't it great that so many of us poets are visual artists as well? These are beautiful Ethan, in the detail and texture especially.

Lorraine

These are awesome! I used to work with pens a long time ago, got a new set of Koh-i-noor Rapidograph pens for Christmas but haven't broke them out yet. I may do that soon.
    Hidden Content <--Proceed with der clickity.

Thanks Guys, It's sad but true that age takes a toll. Not only could I not repeat these drawings, I can't, (without a stout pair of reading specs) see the work nor remember it!
    I can remember vaguely the chimp with a cigarette was for an article on addition. (the chimp was from a Chinese Zoo 'I think',) and had become addicted to tobacco, but like the drawings I can't remember the detail.
    I find the first five days after the weekend the hardest !Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Wonderful poet and wonderful artist.

Nice. I had a drawing teacher in art school that taught us with a similar detailed style. Took the class to the local zoo for several weeks of class too.
    "PS: don't take technical advice about cold fusion from someone who can't spell fuzhun."

Hidden Content

You could always be a shader for comic books.

Louisiana and not the fun part where everyone gors out "chootin' gaytahs"
    Perfect detailing. The drawings seem aluve with movement.

Super cool! Did you sketch these out first or just draw them in ink?
    If your art doesn't push, you won't get any pull.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast