The WF I-Sold-A-Story/Poem Thread - Page 11

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The WF I-Sold-A-Story/Poem Thread

This thread is giving me some much needed confidence to send out one of my stories. Keep up the great work !

Seventh publication! This one, 'Rope', was workshopped here, as per usual. Fun little thing that I think turned out pretty good. Thanks to WF for helping me improve.

Rope...

Congrats Plur

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Pluralized View Post
    Seventh publication! This one, 'Rope', was workshopped here, as per usual. Fun little thing that I think turned out pretty good. Thanks to WF for helping me improve.

Rope...
    Congrats on the publication. Well deserved.
    "The only calibration that counts is how much heart people invest, how much they ignore their fears of being hurt or caught out or humiliated. And the only thing people regret is that they didn't live boldly enough, that they didn't invest enough heart, didn't love enough. Nothing else really counts at all. It was a saying about noble figures in old Irish poems—he would give his hawk to any man that asked for it, yet he loved his hawk better than men nowadays love their bride of tomorrow. He would mourn a dog with more grief than men nowadays mourn their fathers.

And that's how we measure out our real respect for people—by the degree of feeling they can register, the voltage of life they can carry and tolerate—and enjoy.
    "

Live like a mighty river: a letter from Ted Hughes to his son, Nicholas

Hidden Content

Rope...
    Bravo! That was a terrific story. I'm stunned at how hooked I was over a damned piece of rope.

Congrats, Rob!
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Woo hoo!! Great job!!

Rope...

That by the way, is a work of art. WOW Tears in my eyes

So after a gazillion form rejections, a handful of really nice personal rejections and an honorable mention, I just had a string of acceptances! Excited to say that my short and flash fiction will be forthcoming at Saturday Night Reader, Slink Chunk Press, Flash Fiction Magazine and Bewildering Stories in July and August Two were 'beefed up' LM entries and the others workshopped here. Thanks WF'ers for your awesome support! So now that I've cracked the Token Payment & No Monetary Payment markets, I've set my sights on semi-pro before the end of the year. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can...