Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Fantastic Tale of Houdini the Cat and His Search for a Forever Home

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by soleole View Post
    I really liked this story! the idea is very creative I can't comment much on the style as I'm a newby and doubt I would have done it better (if as good) as you. Just wanted to share a bit of encouragement. keep it up!
    @Soleole,
    Thanks for the encouragement.
    The only constant in life is change. Plato

I don't think you will risk much if you put in a few more clues like cat hair covering the bathtub. It's a cool plot, very giggly, but the ending is just too out there. Maybe you should either make it longer to make it more of a surprise or at an extra character to give us a different perspective of what's going
    All in all, adorable <3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I don't think you will risk much if you put in a few more clues like cat hair covering the bathtub. It's a cool plot, very giggly, but the ending is just too out there. Maybe you should either make it longer to make it more of a surprise or at an extra character to give us a different perspective of what's going
    All in all, adorable <3
    @Whatever, I thought about making it longer, but I felt that it might turn readers off.

Quote Originally Posted by lowprofile300 View Post
    @Whatever, I thought about making it longer, but I felt that it might turn readers off.
    A good joke is one that can continue

Perhaps it's just me, however this font makes it hard on the eyes to read.
    the story was pretty cool though! -after being copied/pasted into libre office and changed to ubuntu font.
    I make money.
    Thanks Writers!

This was an excellent story. I do wonder about Houdini's motivation for the third murder. I can understand the second, but there seems to be no reason at all for Houdini to murder Tiny. Some elaboration would probably be helpful.

I'm always loitering in the Humour section but I didn't catch this the first time round.

I liked the flow, I liked the theme and I particularly liked the voice.

In a Flash piece it's difficult to maintain Houdini's innocence for very long because there are few active alternatives. The situation is effectively salvaged by avoiding the obvious first choice, which is Houdini's motive being revenge. The indiscriminate killer cat is the twist. I know all cat are like that...so why was I surprised? But I was.

Good work. I bet you didn't 'knock this up in an hour'.

Blog Entries
    Wonderful story. I love it. The end bothers me though because Houdini is back in that awful place. As always though, my imagination filled in the void. I saw Houdini in the lap of a little girl in a wheelchair. I don't know why she's in the chair, maybe it's temporary, maybe not- but Houdini is curled up in her lap sound asleep and purring. Just my imagination at work.
    "Sometimes I wish I could stay asleep, not because my life is that dull and boring but because my dreams are just that good." - Mindy Dyksterhouse (MzSnowleopard)
    Student of Institute for Writers
    Writers Blog / WordPress

Great story! Lots of fun! I know, from my work as a medic, and later, as a deputy sheriff, that when owners die, usually their beloved kitty cats start snacking on earlobes, the nose, fingertips, and anywhere else they can sink their teeth into. Perhaps you could work that lovely bit of knowledge into your story...

Also, I noticed that you used the word, grizzly, to describe something that was grisly. Anyway, a minor thing. Again, fun read!

Blog Entries
    @Amnesiac,MzSnowleopard,qwertyman ,toz76 , sellyourbooks , whatever , thanks for taking the time to look my work over and the commentary. I will heed your advise and make improvements where needed. Still, glad you enjoyed it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12