Bluetopia

Thread: Bluetopia

Bluetopia

Bluetopia (the link is to the recorded version of the song)

I would give you the moon
    And I would give you the stars
    I would give you the chance for a life in the sun
    I would give you the means
    And I would give you the ends
    We could take to the skies by this afternoon

Take me away to utopia
    Iíve been waiting all my life
    Fly me away to another world
    Somewhere peaceful and blue would be nice

I could go for the moon
    I could go for Mars
    I could go for anything out of this world
    I would give you the keys
    I would fall to my knees
    Just let me drive every once in a while

Take me away to utopia

Take me away to utopia
    And then when we find our Shangri-La
    I hope itís all the shambala
    We had always been wishing for
    And then when we find our Shangri-La
    I hope itís all the shambala
    We had always been wishing for
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

I like it its simple and lots of visualsi, I prefer rhyming on almoost every line, but the rhyming is clever, I usualy put more content but that could depend on the type of music its intended for, I mostly write pop so I include a lot of content.

What do you mean by content? And why is it more necessary for pop?
    Thanks for reading.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Well idk I find most songs you hear on the radio are in the form (verse,chorus,verse,re chorus, bridge, outro) and maybe another verse in there, or maybe that's just the songs I like, idk I guess my writing is pretty consistent I usualy do two four line verses maybe three oof them(mind yoou I keep my lines pretty short), a chorus, sometimes a pre chorus, and a lot of rhyming, and sometimes I'll put in short bridges. I don't experiment to much with format and styles rreally.

And no problem I just hope I didn't offend you haha

Not at all...just wondering what you meant. I tend toward prog-rock and usually don't worry about the traditional structures. Been there, done that. As said, if you click the title, that'll take you to the recorded version. It's a jazz/blues piece-most of it is guitar improv.
    Hidden Content

That's cool sorry I can't load your link on my phone, like I said that's my preference and what I'm use to listening to but it all depends on your style/genre.